Black Majesty @ Breakers Melbourne Gig this Friday night

Feb 7, 2004
Australia
Anyone from the Maiden Downunder forum going to the Black Majesty gig this Friday Night (27 Feb 2004) in Melbourne (Breakers 690 Mt Alexander Rd, Moonee Ponds) - Eyefear supporting.

breakersgigfront.gif

I'm gonna be there. Looking forward to the March Breakers too coz Teargas are playing (saw Teargas Friday nite at the Corner and they rocked the house once again!).

Sydo - The Deadthings are playing in Geelong next weekend. Just thought I'd let you know. Im looking forward to it, apparently last time they played there it was the best gig they'd done.

Yep probably, I've got a ride & accomodation if I wanna go so I don't see why not, should be fun :headbang:

They're a glam band from Melbourne. Heavy, horror themed glam like The Murderdolls except less modern & aggressive sounding than them, the vocals are more in the vein of Vince Neil and they have guitar solos and stuff so its more LA sounding with a Faster Pussycat/Motley Crue edge.

The Trooper said:
they have guitar solos and stuff so its more LA sounding with a Faster Pussycat/Motley Crue edge.
That does it! I'm going! :headbang:

They used to be glam/punk/goth mix. The singer Julian called himself "The David Lee Roth of Goth" haha. Then they kicked out the old drummer & bassist who were the the punk dudes and got rid of the punk influence. Then they stopped wearing corpsepaint and got rid of most of the goth influence in their image too, then added a lead guitarist to top off the transformation haha. So bit by bit they've become more Hollywood sounding & looking so now they're pretty much just horror glam haha, or "Graveyard Rock & Roll" as their flyers say haha!

Are they playing at The Barwon Club?
Which night? (hopefully not Saturday)

D'oh.
I'll probably still get there. It's not very often anyone comes to Geelong, so I'd better make an appearance to support the fans who support me.

I was fully intending to go to Breakers on Friday, but Mrs Winmar gets back from Indonesia that day, so I probably won't be able to make an appearance. :(

Troops how did it go. Did you bang your head! and do heavy metal windmills!?
lol

I got mail it was packed and they broke the house record with crowds at this Breakers club and Black Majesty did a cover of Iron Maiden's Flight of Icarus instead of Resurrection.

now playing: Savatage - Edge of Thorns

Yep they did do Flight Of Icarus, my fave Maiden song along with Children Of The Damned. Killer song! That was my highlight.

Again though, AWFUL sound mix. Eyefear's mix was great and Black Majesty's was just a mess, could barely hear a thing except a lot of fuzz with a drum beat. They need a new sound guy!

Got a few emails from people who went saying it was a huge night and actually one said the sound was very good. Response was meant to be mighty. I've got a vid of the show coming. Mixes are very subjective depending on the venue, room shape, how many people are in and where one stands. I know I've talked to lots of people who thought sound was great when I thought it was terrible. Hanny from the band just emailed me that Eyefear were amazing so Im looking forward to seeing and hearing them soon too. Danny has an awesome voice. Really looking forward to hear more of his new stuff.

Cecati has the one of the most powerful voices in metal today - and I say that including the entire world. Lungs of Steel.

An amazing talent!

Back to handling your pink bits and fairy floss Koochi.