Blue Murder Appreciation

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
Does anyone else here like the band?? I love their debut album!! I would be great if Glenn or Shane could make a Blue Murder appearance happen at PP one day.:worship:

I agree, I seemed to like the subsequent releases less and less from the debut record.

Did they have another after Nothing But Trouble?

I loved the first one; about 50% of the second one is killer ("We All Fall Down" is the best song they ever did) but the other half I can do without.

I got 20th Century after that...but since then I assumed Sykes, who has always been one of my favorite guitarists, was busy in TL. Is there other output I should know about?

I'm a HUGE Sykes/Blue Murder fan & would love to see them play a Showcase or PP gig. The only 2 cds I'd say to stay away from Sykes are Loveland (not bad, but strictly ballads) and Nuclear Cowboy, which is way too much electronica crap in it.

wasnt there a song about a jelly donut?

or was that Yngwie!!
haha

LOL, actually it was "Jelly Roll". ;) I was fortunate enough to meet the guys, and to jam out to that song (and a couple others) with Mr. Franklin and their keyboardist, Nick Green, back in the day. A very cool memory, seeing as they are one of my absolute favorite Hard Rock bands and Sykes is a huge influence. Never did get the chance to see them play live, though dammit. Would kick all sorts of ass were they to play at the festival in any form.

Hail Blue Murder!

debut CD was beyond awsome
You want to know what a heavy metal guitar tone is supposed to sound like,this is it
Pure Mesa Boogie Mark 3 GUG GUG GUG scooped mid paredise,
songs,amazing,Almost a Metallica meets Old Whitesnake with an ambience sound to it

LOVE the debut from these guys... for a 3 peice they were tight as all hell... I met Carmine Appice YEARS ago, a very very kewl guy...

I didn't know they had any other releases.. shows how much I pay attention... My fave of theirs (what I've heard) is Valley of the Kings...

"Blue Murder" was great, "Nothing but trouble" good but nothing more... Anyway, John Sykes, Jake E. Lee and George Lynch are three of my favourite melodic guitarists of ever....

"Blue Murder" was great, "Nothing but trouble" good but nothing more... Anyway, John Sykes, Jake E. Lee and George Lynch are three of my favourite melodic guitarists of ever....
I would throw Randy Rhoads and Yngwie Malmsteen in there too.

LOL, actually it was "Jelly Roll". ;) I was fortunate enough to meet the guys, and to jam out to that song (and a couple others) with Mr. Franklin and their keyboardist, Nick Green, back in the day. A very cool memory, seeing as they are one of my absolute favorite Hard Rock bands and Sykes is a huge influence. Never did get the chance to see them play live, though dammit. Would kick all sorts of ass were they to play at the festival in any form.

Hail Blue Murder!

Thought there was a good chance we would hear from Shades on this post :lol:

I would throw Randy Rhoads and Yngwie Malmsteen in there too.

Well, more than in the "melodic" ones, I include Malmsteen in the "neoclassical" guitarists, as well Michel Romeo, James Byrd, Chris Impellitteri are between my favourites...

I was a Blue Murder fan, still get a kick out of listening to them.

Since we are talking about obscure/oddball bands, does anybody remember Box of Frogs that had Jimmy Page in it? This was way back in prolly the mid-80s that it came out? I've been trying to locate tunes on the 'net...

The debut is really good, but never topping anything Sykes did with Whitesnake like some people try to claim. With that said, Nothing But Trouble was average at best in my opinion.

~Brian~

One of my faves to this day. Sykes and Franklin's playing was just fantastic and I really dug Sykes vocals too.

Excited to see them in the future.

Jasun/ZH