Can you believe my cable operator changed from CNN to Fox News???

AcesHigh

Sep 25, 2002
Novo Hamburgo, Brasil
My cable operator had CNN in english two years ago. Then they put only CNN in spanish (which I hated, cuz I understand english better than spanish). Now, they changed from CNN in spanish to Fox News!!!

I guess 99% of the viewers dont care about it, cuz I dont know anybody who watches CNN or Fox News, cuz few people can understand english, and CNN is ALSO seen as too much american biased, so most brazilians watch GloboNews for 24 hours news.

So most people dont even understand that FOX News is much more right-winged and stupid than CNN. Its really sad. Since I like to watch international news channels, I am stuck now with this SHIT Fox News. I try to watch it sometimes but I cant believe how fucking biased the motherfuckers are!!! They say the are "fair and balanced" but I only see the news hosters (sorry, dont know the word for the guys that present a news show) talking over and interrupting to give their own opinion whenever anyone has a more left sided opinion, or pro-democrat or anti-bush. Its SICKENING. Fair and balanced my ass!!

Not mentioning they have 1 billion minutes of commercials showing the Fox News logo for every minute of news.

hahaha, another point to cortavenas

we got cnn en español, cnn global on english, bbc world on english and telemundo on spanish

maybe we are smarter

how many channels are on your cable programming grid?, I remember that when I went to santa catrina they wanted to charge extra sony, fox and all the good channel, it was fucking ridiculous

my cable company got 62 basic channels for 30 bucks /month

http://www.metropolis.cl//sitios/AB...74851A05C26229AEB114B/articulo/4599.asp?2-1-1

Steve420 said:
I get Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC... no BBC...

but why the fuck do they have it in spanish in brasil?

LOL, true

maybe it´s because they both are similar languages, and cnn doesn´t care about a lame country like brazil, so, they send the mighty spanish signal that all south america watch

Steve420 said:
I get Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC... no BBC...

but why the fuck do they have it in spanish in brasil?

btw, that´s a great lost, BBCNews is way better than those on a ny way, it´s fast, credible and it broadcasts live on the place, not like those with a guy on front of a bad drawn map

AcesHigh said:
My cable operator had CNN in english two years ago. Then they put only CNN in spanish (which I hated, cuz I understand english better than spanish). Now, they changed from CNN in spanish to Fox News!!!

I guess 99% of the viewers dont care about it, cuz I dont know anybody who watches CNN or Fox News, cuz few people can understand english, and CNN is ALSO seen as too much american biased, so most brazilians watch GloboNews for 24 hours news.

So most people dont even understand that FOX News is much more right-winged and stupid than CNN. Its really sad. Since I like to watch international news channels, I am stuck now with this SHIT Fox News. I try to watch it sometimes but I cant believe how fucking biased the motherfuckers are!!! They say the are "fair and balanced" but I only see the news hosters (sorry, dont know the word for the guys that present a news show) talking over and interrupting to give their own opinion whenever anyone has a more left sided opinion, or pro-democrat or anti-bush. Its SICKENING. Fair and balanced my ass!!

Not mentioning they have 1 billion minutes of commercials showing the Fox News logo for every minute of news.
Yeah and I suppose CNN is fair and balanced right. In case you don't know, just because the party is called Democrat it has nothing to do with them being Democratic and proof of that is the California recall, where the citizens of Cal. signed a petition to recall the wonderful Gray Davis and the Democrats, you know the ones who are supposedly Democratic, wanted to do away with it. That's right the Democrats who are for the people :rolleyes: are the same ones denying people's petition to get him out as governor.

@Cortenas: cable service changes from city to city even if its the same operator!! I have NET. Here in my city we also have CNN spanish AND english and other channels, but its only in the gold signature, and you have to pay more.

But in Porto Alegre, capital of my state, there are different channels and such, and CNN in english is a regular channel.

They put CNN in spanish because they assumed more brazilians would understand spanish then english. There is spanish CNN but no portuguese CNN because obviously spanish is spoken by mroe people in more countries...

unfortunately, there is no "Fair and Balanced" or unbiased media.

The closest you'll ever get to "Unbiased Media" is ma Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, Satori, and the Pope agree on it.

if they hadnt 10 minutes of commercials repeating themselves with their logo for every 1 minute of news it would be a LITTLE less BAD.

Its really annoyig... there is that commercial with the continents hang out like those baby things ya know, then there is that stupid commercial with some rap singer (i cant understand the lyrics, but its something like dooda, dooda, dooda do Fox :p), then there is this guy saying Fox News, fair and balanced... then you think there will be more news, but all the SAME commercials repeat some 3 times more!!! ARGH!