Chicago Powerfest 2005

Squeak said:
Okay is everyone that said they were going originally still actually going? I have had some friends back out and then some that weren't going to go decide to go anyway, so just wondering since it's getting much closer now.
Hey there squeak., We are headed up. can't wait. 3 weeks seems like such a long time to wait. rrrrr. wish it was time, but then after, will want to do it all over again ...whats worse?....as you said though, it is getting much closer . Not much longer. we can manage... right?

Squeak said:
Okay is everyone that said they were going originally still actually going? I have had some friends back out and then some that weren't going to go decide to go anyway, so just wondering since it's getting much closer now.

Got my ticket in the mail the other day. I'm flying up to Milwaukee to Alicia's on Thursday and then were driving down that evening. Can't wait to see you again. *hugs* BTW I'm going to see Into Eternity this Friday.

Hey, Kim--IIRC, I met you at the Queensryche show. I'm going to try to make the show this Friday, too, so maybe I'll see you there!

As for Chicago--got my ticket today, booked my flight Friday... All set! Now if only the next 3 weeks would go by more quickly... :)

It's good to see that there are people going to this and supporting a kickass Metal show. IMO, there hasn't been jack squat coming around in the last 8-10 months (not including Amorphis/Into Eternity, that WAS cool...), so it really is pretty disheartening to see some of these people online bitching about how the only thing going on every year is ProgPower in Atlanta, yet they don't go to another show :erk:

I only say this because I know there are tickets still available and to me, that is very dissapointing considering J.J.Kelleys only holds 300 or so. I don't really understand how one can talk themselves out of going to this (yeah, $35 is A LOT to part with :loco: ) if they are a fan of these bands. Especially Tad Morose, who will be getting 90 minutes, which I believe is DOUBLE the time they got at PP.

Anyways, I just had to get that off my chest because I know that even though there are some legitimate reasons for some people not to attend (having a kid is a good one), there are a load of bullshit excuses being thrown around (the main one being a dislike of the venue). And I'm just tired of people that are full of shit.

Thanks for your time. Tad Morose still rules! :worship:

Walter rules. :D If anything, it's very very difficult for me to go to this show right now, but I would give my left lung to see Tad Morose/Morgana Lefay and for that matter Warmachine. And Imagika and Silencer are always fun to see live. :) I'm also excited about seeing the other bands as well. Hell, I'm just excited all-around!!! LOL

Squeak said:
Walter rules. :D If anything, it's very very difficult for me to go to this show right now, but I would give my left lung to see Tad Morose/Morgana Lefay and for that matter Warmachine. And Imagika and Silencer are always fun to see live. :) I'm also excited about seeing the other bands as well. Hell, I'm just excited all-around!!! LOL

I second that!! I can't wait for this show -- it's going to be a fantastic weekend! :D

Steph

Squeak said:
::: squishes beth and kim ::: WOOT! This is gonna be FUN! And hi to Steph and Lady, too! :D

Yes, this will be TONS of fun! We should definitely plan to meet up -- it will be nice meeting everyone in person. :)

Steph

Well, when is everyone getting in and where are you staying? Let's organize a little and make sure we say hi. I'll be in Thursday night and am staying at... The Red Roof Inn, I think. It's probably better to catch me before I start drinking. ;)

Shaye

lady_space said:
Well, when is everyone getting in and where are you staying? Let's organize a little and make sure we say hi. I'll be in Thursday night and am staying at... The Red Roof Inn, I think. It's probably better to catch me before I start drinking. ;)

Shaye

I'll be there on Thursday night too. And I'll also be at the Red Roof Inn. Some of us are getting together at JJ Kelly's on Thursday night for the "get drunk and make a fool of yourself trying to do karoke" night. However I won't be singing. But I'll see you this Friday at Masquerade.

Kim K said:
I'll be there on Thursday night too. And I'll also be at the Red Roof Inn. Some of us are getting together at JJ Kelly's on Thursday night for the "get drunk and make a fool of yourself trying to do karoke" night. However I won't be singing. But I'll see you this Friday at Masquerade.

I won't be there until Friday afternoon (couldn't take Thursday off from work). I'm also staying at the Red Roof Inn. Maybe Friday evening would be a good time to meet -- we could do a pre-show dinner and drinks type of thing, perhaps...

Steph