Cornford Amps

I've REALLY been wanting to try those out for a few years new (i.e. since I started listening to Guthrie). I love the tone he gets out of them and the soundclips I hear consistently impress me. I'm usually more of a 6l6 guy, but if these things are as good in real life as they appear to be I'd probably spring for one.

Yeah...definitely pricey. They do have a new "budget" line out called the roadhouse. I can't recall all the specs off of the top of my head....there's a video of guthrie playing through one at this past NAMM on youtube though. I'll find the link later. That said, it's probably not fair for companies to use Guthrie to demo their gear as he is going to make anything sound incredible:). From reviews I've read...the only way you'd know they were cheaper (without looking at the tag) is by opening the chasis and seeing that it's a printed board and it isn't handwired...but by all accounts they sound great. I've got my sights set on a Lonestar at the moment, but I'm not going to buy one until I've had a chance to hear the roudhouse in person.

Yeah...definitely pricey. They do have a new "budget" line out called the roadhouse. I can't recall all the specs off of the top of my head....there's a video of guthrie playing through one at this past NAMM on youtube though. I'll find the link later. That said, it's probably not fair for companies to use Guthrie to demo their gear as he is going to make anything sound incredible:). From reviews I've read...the only way you'd know they were cheaper (without looking at the tag) is by opening the chasis and seeing that it's a printed board and it isn't handwired...but by all accounts they sound great. I've got my sights set on a Lonestar at the moment, but I'm not going to buy one until I've had a chance to hear the roudhouse in person.

What are you using now, Meedley?

I tried the Mesa Express recently and was not impressed at all...surprisingly.

Andy Timmons certainly makes the Lonestar sound super sweet!

Mesa F-30. It was the predecessor to the Express series. They might the right choice by adding external switching and the wattage switch to the Express series but (IMO) didn't live up to the tone of the F series.

Mesa F-30. It was the predecessor to the Express series. They might the right choice by adding external switching and the wattage switch to the Express series but (IMO) didn't live up to the tone of the F series.

Yeah...it was seriously sucky...so was the reverb. Not worth the cash.

I'm sure the F series is much better.