DEVILDRIVER and SOIL Confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009

I triple dog dare anyone to remake that "infamous" video with a Manowar twist. Extra bonus for real tears! :lol: Priceless.

I agree with ya hon. What I mean is that the chances of people in just that concert I was refraining to might be there for the doom ballads and not full blown fury wich I think Devil Driver tries to work up. But of course, sometimes the booker might get a lucky shot in the dark. It all depends on the gig, festivals gets away with a mixxxed setup more then just pub gigs with 2 or 3 bands. :loco:

And as far as discussions about bands and such is what it has been like for so goddamned long. People never agree with eachother. :erk: :rolleyes: :kickass:

Nice. I understand what your saying and yeah, festivals do have a better shot with getting away with mixing the bag up. All the more reason for fans of metal to support Powerfest. :)

As has already been said here before, the hope is that we just agree to disagree. ;)

I also think we can have this discussion without badmouthing other festivals or promoters in the process. If not, just let me know, and I'll leave. (Not directed at any specific person... but I've seen a lot of this in this thread.)

It happens to all promoters big or small.

btw... how dare you bring in bands that draw... boooooooo on you. lol... anyways.. keep up the great work guys. you are doing a great job for the scene.

Nice. I understand what your saying and yeah, festivals do have a better shot with getting away with mixing the bag up. All the more reason for fans of metal to support Powerfest. :)

As has already been said here before, the hope is that we just agree to disagree. ;)

There is nothing to agree on as far as Im concerned. People are what they are. I remember the time when metal was metal and nothing else. People will always disagree on futile shit such as what band is better then the next. I think if the price is decent represent! if not, let the greedy idiots rot. but then again, We live with swedish prices and with that I mean high stake rolls. Sweden rock Festival is expensive as hell. but then again, its in the eye of the beholder aint it =) Its hard to say support the scene or this/that festival. I say lets make the best out of everything. Like a friend of mine said once when he got the remark that there were nothing good to watch at a festival. "Watch the unknown bands, who knows. you might find something you like" and thats the fucking thruth, alot of bands that people aint heard yet or seen for that matter.

Pay to see unknown bands, that my motto. Since there might be gems there to dig up ;)

Time to sleep! PEACE guys! Hope all is well and see you in may!

*signing off*