Essence of Progression Tour 2009 - Post Your Pictures, Videos, Reviews Here

I think it had more to do with the audio than video. From what I think I gathered, Damian's mic got disconnected and no vocals where recorded for the period the mic was off. I also think he mentioned messing up some of the lyrics.

I suggested dubbing :D (I want a DVD right!) to which Damian smiled disapprovingly and said he's OK to use dubbing for cleaning up but not to replace from scratch.

His Mic did get disconnected at some point, but he grabbed the backup pretty fast and only missed 2-3 words, I believe. I only think it adds to the live feel if they leave it in though. I can also imagine being perfectionist about the dvd and wanting everything going exactly right. They should be able to salvage most of the gig as a sort of bonus on the new album, though? :D

^ You're right! If they can't release it in DVD format, they could probably release it as a CD for the next DTF. Here goes: for the next DTF can we have a 10 CD live box set please: one for each date of EoP!

Another idea: how about editing out completely the song where the mic didn't function? We'll have a DVD minus one song.

I think it had more to do with the audio than video. From what I think I gathered, Damian's mic got disconnected and no vocals where recorded for the period the mic was off. I also think he mentioned messing up some of the lyrics.

I suggested dubbing :D (I want a DVD right!) to which Damian smiled disapprovingly and said he's OK to use dubbing for cleaning up but not to replace from scratch.

Damian's mic got disconnected during Fighting for Breath, it was only for a few seconds though, he got another mic a few seconds later.

So sad...you should have said hi. I would have 'recognised' you if you told me by which forum id you go by. Just so you know, you didn't get in the way at all. Actually, since you were using a digital camera, I wanted to ask you why you kept peeking into the small window instead of just looking at the screen. But since you didn't say hi, I thought it'd be better not to say anything!:) Howz that for broken logic?!

Somehow I feel I was the annoying one as I might have been impinging on your photography with the flash from my camera (I have a basic digital camera which is not very powerful without the flash in the dark). I hope I was not too much grief.

No you weren't a problem at all. The flash didn't affect my photography at all. In fact the flash may have helped me on a couple of occassions. I wasn't allowed to use flash. :'( Which with the lighting situation was DIRE.

With many digital SLR's there is no option to use the back of the camera as a viewing screen to take pictures and you have to look through the view finder. Mine does have a capability but one, it opens the camera up to dust on the sensor and two, it is very difficult to get some of the angles I do by extending my arm out.

Next time we shall both say hi!

Hello again. I just wanted to say that I greatly enjoyed the concert at De Boerderij on 07-11-2009. Naturally every Threshold live experience has been magnificent, and up 'till last week I considered the gig at De Boerderij held on 17-01-2009 to be the best Threshold concert I have experienced so far. After the 7th, though, I have to revise my opinion and say that -this- was the best Threshold concert up 'till now.

I liked how there was a visual screen behind the band, the stage and lighting were great...the whole stage had a different atmosphere than usual, and I loved it. I simply lost myself in the music... It was a while ago since I last went all out, absorbed in the music like that. It felt great, and it was easy since I know Threshold's music by heart and can feel the emotion in the music, listening to the atmosphere and the lyrics, and relate to it.

The setlist, well, with so many awesome Threshold songs, it's hard to include all the songs preferred, and luckily I've seen Threshold a lot in the past two years or so, so I've seen quite a number of songs live. I'm a little disappointed there were no Psychedelicatessen songs...and I was secretly hoping they'd bring Glynn along for a song or two... But overall it was a lovely combination of old(er) and new(er). The combination of Critical Mass/Smile At The Moon was brilliant. I'm glad I nagged after the last gig in Uden (May 2009) for you guys to play new songs, suggesting Critical Mass. You made me very happy by playing it, and you made my concert friend even happier. I was a little less happy with Avalon, but that's just my personal preference (I like other Threshold ballads better). There's nothing wrong with the song itself.

I saw the gig was filmed as well, so hopefully there will be a DVD/2CD release at some point. The last DVD was released 5 years ago, so it's time for a new one.

Also kudos to the support bands. SUE had sound problems, but they were very enthusiastic and silly on stage. Serenity are quickly growing, and I can see why. They gave a magnificent show. I saw them once before supporting Kamelot in Tilburg along with Delain. They were also present in Zoetermeer in 2007 supporting Threshold, the first time I saw Threshold actually... but I only saw them from the cafe. It was a long stand, so I had a sit through Serenity's set with a lovely cup of coffee.

Thank you for such a wonderful night out! Let's do it again soon, perhaps after you release the promised new album! Greatly looking forward to that one as well!

I was at the Zoetermeer concert too, first time for me to see Threshold. And I can tell you I will be seeing them many times more, what a great band to see on stage :worship:
Saw them in London on sunday, smaller venue, liked the show in Zoetermeer more. But hey, seeing them twice in one weekend: I'm not complaining :kickass:

Here's a few of mine - lighting was a bugger I agree!
P1060844.jpg

Great heavy metal faces!!
P1060743.jpg

P1060789.jpg

P1060801.jpg

P1060835.jpg

P1060796.jpg

On a night where a lot of things which could have gone wrong, did actually go wrong (the whole of the Victoria line being closed for example),

At the end of the show whilst waiting to catch the bus home, I saw Damian hang out with some fans outside the venue.
Blaargh, Victoria line being closed was a real setback. It cost us a lot of time too.

In just a t-shirt too. Poor scatterbrain had forgotten to take a jacket with him. And it was coooold!
Was the stage as tiny as it looks on the pictures? How did they manage to fit Serenity's gear on there too?
Very small indeed. I think most of the gear for the supports was Pythia's. Andy only used a different base-drum, and different cymbals. Mario's gear was more of a problem, he had to use a barstool for his 2nd keyboard. Ended up blocking the stage-exit with it.
And here are some pictures from that wonderful night:

Photos 07-11-2009, De Boerderij, Zoetermeer
Ooooh, those last two pics! That bit was hilarious! I so hope they manage to use at least some of the filmed material, if only for a bonus-DVD, and include this little joke. (fingers crossed)

And here are some pictures from that wonderful night:

Photos 07-11-2009, De Boerderij, Zoetermeer

I'm no pro nor all that camera-savvy, but I do my best under the various lighting circumstances, without moving around all that much (I want to enjoy the gig, too!)

Looking at your setlist pic, I think I saw it being taken - held by Miranda?

Re the sound/DVD thing, I wonder if the replacement mic was being recorded at all? Hopefully some news will come - if not we'll have to have Essence of Progression II

Considering DVD thing - Firlej Venue had two separate rooms (no. 1 was concert hall with stage and stuff, no. 2 place with bar and tables) - the gig was transmited on the video screen in the bar-room and there's great propability it was recorded :) So some parts of it could be used as replacement parts for DVD or we can have quite nice bootleg if it sneaks out ;)

Looking at your setlist pic, I think I saw it being taken - held by Miranda?

Hehe, I didn't take it. Someone I was with took it.
And sorry, I don't know any Miranda or anyone else at the gig or on the forums. :) I only saw one person I recognized, and I don't like him. There was this other photo-lady who I've seen more than once, but I can't remember her name...if I know it at all.

Ooooh, those last two pics! That bit was hilarious! I so hope they manage to use at least some of the filmed material, if only for a bonus-DVD, and include this little joke. (fingers crossed)

Hehe, it was lovely.

Steve: "Could someone get that guitar out of my...."

No you weren't a problem at all. The flash didn't affect my photography at all. In fact the flash may have helped me on a couple of occassions. I wasn't allowed to use flash. :'( Which with the lighting situation was DIRE.

That's good to know. Next time I'll bring the light house from the Dead Reckoning cover...or use Pete if you wish (ref to my picture of Pete 'lighthouse' Morten)! No more lighting problems!

With many digital SLR's there is no option to use the back of the camera as a viewing screen to take pictures and you have to look through the view finder. Mine does have a capability but one, it opens the camera up to dust on the sensor and two, it is very difficult to get some of the angles I do by extending my arm out.

Thanks for the explanation. I was quite intrigued as to why you were doing this...but it makes sense and I just learnt that there is no window in a camera but a view finder!

Next time we shall both say hi!

Cool, let's see who says 'hi' first next time! :)

Steve: "Could someone get that guitar out of my...."

Looks like Steve is enjoying it though...:lol: