Fookin ell

madgirl

Real World's Mad Girl
Just realised today is 5 years to the day since i first witnessed a 54 gig at the Borderline in London.

A v hot night it was indeed - and rocking hard at a gig probably didnt help - but what a night it was

30 gigs and 5 year laters i feel the need to cast my mind back ;) and rock out to some musica.

So what was your best gig ?

Im not sure i can tell - am i allowed 4 er 5 er 6 even ;)

1) well the first was the best
2 ) bloodstock 01
3) With Blaze at the underworld in 2000
4) With saxon at the LA 2 - oct 2001
5) Nottingham this year as i havent seen them so long.
6) Club 85 hitchin - may 02 - as they got such an amazing reception!!!

hmm i could probably go on actually.

anyone care to follow up?

i have only seen 54 twice and my favourite had to be my first time i saw them at the studio in hartlepool. after watching 54 we just chilled with the guys and they where cool as fuck to be honest i dont think any 1 was even arsed with kill 2 this haha.

the hightlight of the night though was lakis phoning slasher who was pissed as a fart and stomped off coz he had an argument with his girlfriend and i have always lived by lakis's words that night "never let a girl spoil a metal gig" haha.

Hmmmm, I've had a few experiences with 54 gigs, many of them not that good... my first live 54 show at Exeter with the rather sparse turnout, the Dokken support at Dudley later that week with the sound that was as muddy as the Bristol Channel, Rob playing what appeared to be a toy drumkit at the Emergenza gigs...

Best would probably be either TotalFest, which was an all round excellent night (lack of decent beer in the venue aside) or when they played the Fleece with K2T, hey it was the first time I didn't have to travel miles to see them ;)

Ive seen 54 about 14 or 15 times now, and my best gigs would have to be:-

*the first ever one i went to, King's Head, Fulham, waaay back in Nov 2001

*the 3/4th April 2002, at the West one four, followed up by the Underworld!

*Another one at the King's Head, Fulham - Jan 2003, just because it has funny memories and i got a body part signed!!

*and Nottingham this year, because they sounded soo fucking amazing!! :)

:headbang: they are just couple, each gig i have been to, rocked in its own various way!! ;)

er the gig at the sports bar in slough the only ever metal gig ive been to where it took me 10 minutes to the venue!

also

supporting blaze at the underword
total fest with blaze

but theyve all rocked kinda like trying to pick your favourite shag :)

I've only seen them once at Red Rose Theatre in 2001......was it really that long ago? :ill: holy shit I'm getting old :cry: :tickled:

Wesleyyyyy :hotjump: Only seen them twice - first was 'spoilt by a girl' haha so I'm saying the 2nd..I'da said the 2nd anyway coz the ful lday was just class :Spin: I nicked off college to get the train n got caught off the teacher whose lesson I was missing..drinking my mucky litres round the back of the college :loco: was just a class giggle on the way there and the gig was storming and we got called silly little fucks on the way home fell asleep and missed the train :tickled: :Spin: :hotjump: got back to Partypool about 7:45 AM party time

oh well aye she was a beast :D on that tour..54 played White Haven's Civic Hall....did anyone go?? I'm going their for a gig in August and I've been told it's a real shit hole and to watch my accent and shit...anyone shed any light on the place?

Blimey, Red Rose.. memories!!

Been to loads of 54 gigs all over the country, highlights would prolly be

Nottingham Rock City Jan 02,

Newcastle Trillians Dec 01,

Rugeley Red Rose 01,

London LA2 02,

and loads more, and hopefully loads more to come!!!