HELP: What album should i get today?

Mr. Shred-ididle

Its Chinese-Tilt ya' head
Jan 25, 2003
Coming from the prog metal camp, I've recently been getting right into death metal. Opeth was the band that got me into it, even though i don't consider them a death metal band but... you know, whatever.
I have enough money for a CD and i feel like some death metal or Opeth metal. But i don't know what to get? Extreem technical brutal mind-numbing death metal? or beautiful melodic atmospheric progressive Opeth metal?
I've narrowed it down to a few choises
Cynic- Focus
Cryptopsy - Whisper Supremacy (I allready have NSV and ...ATYB)
Suffocation - Poerced from within
Death - Symbolic (I allready have Sound of Persevearance)
Nile - Black Seeds of Vengance (I allredy have ITDS)
or....
Opeth - Morningrise (I allready have BwP and SL)

I really don't know what i'm in the mood for. I know it's a bit biast here as this is an opeth forum, but whatever

So plese help me in this life and death situation:p And try to reply quickly because i'll be getting a cd today, so all the help is greatly appreciated

\m/ (-_-) \m/

I don't know about Suffocation or Nile. But out of those I'd go with Morningrise(obvious :)), followed by Cynic, followed by Cryptopsy, followed by Death(I can't really get into Symbolic. :ill: )

Yeah, i decided morningrise, I listened to Still Life just then and i knew what was my choise after the Moor
But I'll be getting Focus and Pierced from within next time

Thanks for the help!:kickass:

And out of the goodness of my death metal infested heart, I suggest to you:

Death - ITP, Human.

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence, Elements.

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

Edge of Sanity - Crimson

Dan Swano - Moontower

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick

Entombed - Left Hand Path

Get Focus and Pierced from within as soon as you can, man! Two of the best death metal albums ever released, metal doesn't get much better than that! Also be sure to check out Martyr's Warp Zone if you're into technical, progressive Death Metal. I got it three days ago and already have listened to it like 6 times. Awesome riffs, awesome solos and awesome atmosphere. One of the best albums I ever heard!

I've ordered Morningrise so it should be in the mail tommorrow. I think I'll get Focus and Pireced within next as I've read alot about them and they seem like 'classics' within the technical death scene. Your description of Martyr seems really good, chrisz. I'll definatly be cheacking them out.

shit, i've just heard a sample of Martyr of their website. Man, they rule! What amazing guitar playing.

WTF??! Death's Symbolic is easily their best with ITP and Human . GO BUY IT !!!!