hobbies / interest

What is this traditional doom you speak of? You got me curious. Would I have to do clean vocals or growl or do I get to do both?

No growls at all....
100% clean vox...
I guess the more "classic" examples would be bands like Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Trouble, etc...

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy the death / doom just as much.

Just working on putting together a trad doom project...

No growls at all....
100% clean vox...
I guess the more "classic" examples would be bands like Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Trouble, etc...

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy the death / doom just as much.

Just working on putting together a trad doom project...

I've never heard any of the bands you listed except for trouble and I've never gotten into them. Novembers Doom and Solitude Aturnus is all I know about doom and ND I don't even consider doom anymore. Looks like I better stick with the melodic death/thrash idea! :kickass:

I've never heard any of the bands you listed except for trouble and I've never gotten into them. Novembers Doom and Solitude Aturnus is all I know about doom and ND I don't even consider doom anymore. Looks like I better stick with the melodic death/thrash idea! :kickass:

Solitude is right up the same alley.
Def influenced by Candlemass..

Best way to describe is slowed down traditional metal, an extention of the "Sabbath" sound.

Well, anyhow, if you get the itch to do something different, feel free to contact me..

Best way to describe is slowed down traditional metal, an extention of the "Sabbath" sound.

Well, anyhow, if you get the itch to do something different, feel free to contact me..

I would love to try it. It would be a challenge and something completely different for me. We must talk further about this, but first I'm going to check out the bands you mentioned! :headbang:

My hobbies are definitely in this order:

1. Music
2. Magic
3. PC Games
4. Chicago Quest

To give you a bit of background. For the past couple of years I've been on Dialysis three times a week. My health has been OK, but not great. Therefore I am able to take up my time with things I normally would not have time to do. For all you Chicago folks I am the guy that works at Impulse Music in Roselle, IL on Saturdays. If you don't know about Impulse its the best power metal/ melodic rock/ AOR CD store in the area (http://www.impulsemusic.com). Thank god my health is now very good and I will be starting college again this fall for nursing. Working one day a week at the best job in the world is great. Its like browsing at Progpowers or Powerfests vendor tables every week! I also started amateur magic last year. I have been taken under the wing of a master magician with a store here in Chicago. I'm no pro but I can do some fun things. I also love PC games, primarily Diablo, Diablo 2, and currently Titans Quest. I also have a soft spot for old Lucasarts games like Outlaws, Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken, Loom etc.

My newest hobbie is Chicago Quest. This is my own creation. Its a website I'm working on (It's not online yet) that is something similiar to Diners, Drive-Inns, and Dives and Rachel Rays Tasty Travels BUT it is all about Chicago and the burbs. Restaurants, hot dog joints, Burger Pits, Buffetts, Chains. It's my everlasting love and search for the perfect meal, It will contain detailed info, reviews, pictures, and video.

You ever hear of a band called While Heaven Wept? I would consider them a cool mix of epic doom and traditional metal.

I listened to Of Empires Forlorn the other day and forgot how excellent the disc was.

I take much pride in reigning over an elite group of Underpants Gnomes, rescued from their former Ruler of ChewDog Hollow, an evil dictator hell bent on ridding the Heavy Metal world of Jager and guitar solo's.
(It was like the Footloose of Heavy Metal).

Many a conflicts were fought on the Battlefield of ChewDog Hollow, but one night after the first Vernal Equinox, I had my victory with the aid of Challus, the mentally challenged dragon, given to me by the Almighty Ronnie James Dio after a campfire marshamllow roast and singalong. Dio felt that Challus may be of help in my quest to rescue the poor gnomes from their evil dictator.

Since my conquest, I have been crowned Empress of the Underpants Gnomes, and remain in the Witness Protection Program after discovering the true Assassin of Paddy McDonald, the sacred Leprechaun lawn Ornament of the Snappy Weiner Bar and Ho Garden Amplitheater. To protect my identity and assets, I remain sheltered in the secret Lair of the Underpants Gnomes Empire, leaving my beloved gnome to do thy bidding.

It has worked quite well and the Empire has prospered, since a new Knight of the Underpants Gnomes Regime had been summoned...Vrykolokas, a mighty warrior from the Shores of the Chaimaile Goddesses. Aside from his slight drinking problem, he has since conquered the Valley of the Lingerie Trolls, returned the sacred Randy Rhoads black and white pokadot thongs to their rightful owner, and convinced Hammerfall not to release another album until it can live up to "Glory to the Brave".

As for me, I now spend my days, making crochet'd gaunlets for my precious gnomes, have formed my own band...a Polka cover band of WASP tunes, featuring Jose Saladbar on bass and wasting the days away playing WoW and plotting the next Heavy Metal SWAT Team rescue mission.

For all you Chicago folks I am the guy that works at Impulse Music in Roselle, IL on Saturdays. If you don't know about Impulse its the best power metal/ melodic rock/ AOR CD store in the area (http://www.impulsemusic.com).

Al introduced me ot Impulse Music (I love it!) so I may have seen you the few times I've come in with him. I know he doesn't get to Impulse alot because it's so far out of his way, but whenever there's a concert we're going to in that general area, we always try to hit up Impulse. I think the last time we were there was shortly before Christmas.

I have a very hard time in that store. I pretty much want to walk out with one of everything, which is above and beyond any funds I have. :loco: Impulse is a blessinga nd a curse. :lol:

Brainstorm = Awesome.

How's the new album? I have not heard it yet.

It's Brainstorm, and it's not like you're going to get a radically different sound from them. If you dug Soul Temptation and Liquid Monster, then you'll love the new one. More of the same, with huge, catchy riffs and catchy vocals.

I really like it, though I've seen people mention that they're tired of the same stuff from Brainstorm and want a return to the Metus Mortis style which was thrashier.

My hobbies are definitely in this order:

1. Music
2. Magic
3. PC Games
4. Chicago Quest

To give you a bit of background. For the past couple of years I've been on Dialysis three times a week. My health has been OK, but not great. Therefore I am able to take up my time with things I normally would not have time to do. For all you Chicago folks I am the guy that works at Impulse Music in Roselle, IL on Saturdays. If you don't know about Impulse its the best power metal/ melodic rock/ AOR CD store in the area (http://www.impulsemusic.com). Thank god my health is now very good and I will be starting college again this fall for nursing. Working one day a week at the best job in the world is great. Its like browsing at Progpowers or Powerfests vendor tables every week! I also started amateur magic last year. I have been taken under the wing of a master magician with a store here in Chicago. I'm no pro but I can do some fun things. I also love PC games, primarily Diablo, Diablo 2, and currently Titans Quest. I also have a soft spot for old Lucasarts games like Outlaws, Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken, Loom etc.

My newest hobbie is Chicago Quest. This is my own creation. Its a website I'm working on (It's not online yet) that is something similiar to Diners, Drive-Inns, and Dives and Rachel Rays Tasty Travels BUT it is all about Chicago and the burbs. Restaurants, hot dog joints, Burger Pits, Buffetts, Chains. It's my everlasting love and search for the perfect meal, It will contain detailed info, reviews, pictures, and video.

I know you, I see you at least once a month. Not sure if you remember me or not.

Hobbies

a. Amateur Photography,
b. with a side of Stand-up Bible Shoes Philosophy, :saint:
c. Latin-English-Latin Translations w/ interest in the Greek language

Current Lifestyle/Other

* Wildlife advocate
* No alcohol
* Fruitarian / Ovo-Lacto-Pisco Vegetarian
* Celibacy

I've found this work for me so far. :)

Your results may vary.