How do you like Dead Reckoning a year after its release?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
So I was spinning DR the other day, and thought once again how awesome it is. To me it's the band's best work, which is a rare feat for a band that's been around for decades. Kinda like the last Vanden Plas album Christ 0 or Marbles for Marillion. They came out almost 20 years after their inception only to become personal favourites for me.

So how's DR holding up for you guys? Now that its initial effect has worn off, how do you evaluate it?

Since my very first listening, Dead Reckoning is at the top of my fav list along with Hypothetical, Psyche SE and Clone.

I still think it's a great album and I listen to it quite often. Thinking of it - I will go and play it now :headbang:

Just had to drive to Hawick and any of you that have been there will know that needs a tonic!

DR certainly did the job.

The closing minutes of One Degree Down are so moving!!! Not to mention the sheer quality before it. It is one of the few albums by any artist that I don't skip tracks on, even if I know I've only got time for one or two.

As a whole it's not my favourite Threshold album but some of the songs (Slipstream, PITSOD, Fighting for Breath & One Degree Down) are among my all time Thresh-favourites.

BTW, isn't it 2 years already ;)

I like it a lot, thank you very much! However, I would prefer to have more progressive songs, less straight forward songs, more complex arrangements without sacrificing melody and longer guitar solos on the next album

Well, it's still so fresh and new to me. Any time I listen it I have feeling to hear it first time ... strange feelings bound me to DR: I just can't believe that I listen it now as same as in time I was with a person which gone from my life. I don't know if I can explain my feelings, but this album makes me live in time when I was with the most important person in my life, we were excited about reading news of recording of this album, than sad about Mac's leaving, and happy to her new songs ... and than everything's gone ... only DR stayed

I've only had it since late last summer but I've no doubt that I will always enjoy it. It was just pulled out of my shop CD player after many, many listens back to back with Subsurface and SX Paradise Lost, so every weekend I was working to this music most of the winter.

Im still at a loss between DR and Subsurface ???? I might lean a bit more toward Subsurface

I still love Dead Reckoning. It is not only my favorite Threshold CD but it is in my top 10 CD's ever. I have not gotten tired of it at all and I still listen to it regularly. Outstanding disc.

I always listen to "Dead Reckoning" a lot, it's probably Threshold's albums that I listen to the most. It is that good. Really, what a great album! It's been almost two years (it'll be two years in 9 days I believe) since it was released, and it still sounds great, perfect and as fresh as ever! :)

Really, this is the album and the band that got me into Progressive Metal.

They're that good.

Cheers! :kickass:

Honestly, choosing a favourite Threshold album is something I cannot do. But since this topic is just about Dead Reckoning, I have to say I still feel the same way about it as I did when I first got it. :) It did not disappoint one bit. Though I admit, I have to listen to One Degree Down and Disappear more (as well as a selection of other Threshold songs I don't listen to as often).