Is Dimmu Borgir worth checking out?

except for their last one which I found average musically, I have enjoyed all their releases. The best thing one can do is to not worry whether they are BM or not and more importantly if they just enjoy the music they are producing.

regardless, you should all listen to Tiamat - Wildhoney

which is infinitely better than anything that you would listen to instead.

I think Cradle Of Filth is pretty black metal.

Well, you're wrong. Atleast for new filth. The first CoF demo's and maybe the first few albums. The new shit is just as bad as sellout emo crap. As for Dimmu, they can be good and bad. It's good if you've never heard it, but you will get sick of it quickly. Or I do, it's stereotypical black metal.

I would call Cradle of Fluff a bunch of sellouts trying to act dark. Sure their demos and first few albums where pretty good, as they were black metal. But Dani Filth lost his voice after Damnation and a Day and now when he does vocals he just sounds like a girl.

That's what happens when bands try to make too much money. Example- Metallica.

eyemainoo2.jpg

mws000022pmpm3.jpg

charmeusesatinpq9.jpg

Can this conversation please turn back to the Satan praise?

What about Satan's Fall praise?

They're walking by one night the moon was frozen blue. Long black coats a shelter for the rain, their load must get throoouuuuughhhhhhh
Now bats are leaving their trees they're joining the call. Seven Satanic Hell preachers, heading for the hall!
Bringing the blood of a newborn child, yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Got to succeed if not it's Satan's faaaaalllllll

Well, you're wrong. Atleast for new filth. The first CoF demo's and maybe the first few albums. The new shit is just as bad as sellout emo crap. As for Dimmu, they can be good and bad. It's good if you've never heard it, but you will get sick of it quickly. Or I do, it's stereotypical black metal.

durr