ITS TIME TO DESTROY, ADELAIDE

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Calling all you Adelaide Thraxians... its less than 24 hours now and given the amazing reviews I have heard from Brizzy, Sydney and my mate who just SMSd from Melbourne saying `Anthrax Reunion? Best show ever!' I am literally pissing my pants with excitement. The fact this fanboy relived some of his younger Thrax days by spending nearly 5 hours straight doing one of his trademark cartoon illustrations of the band (fingers x'd I get them to see it and sign it! Counting on ya Wade!) shows just how damn excited I am.

So I am calling all of you Adelaide lads and lasses to drag your friends along. No excuses lets absolutely DESTROY HEAVEN (the venue) tomorrow night and give Anthrax and Mortal Sin every damn reason to keep touring Oz and in particular our home town.

ITS TIME TO MOSH IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cyclonus said:
Tomorrow night will be awesome.

I can't wait.

I will be around in a SOD shirt so if you see me, come say hello.

You got it man!

Drag some friends along - hell drag someone off Hindley street !!! Lets sell out that place!

I AM SO DAMN PUMPED... :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

I introduced my 8 year old son and my 9 year old nephew to Madhouse and Indians this weekend. They can't stop saying `It's time for your medication Mr Brown .. MUHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!'

Kids :)

aliasp said:
Calling all you Adelaide Thraxians... its less than 24 hours now and given the amazing reviews I have heard from Brizzy, Sydney and my mate who just SMSd from Melbourne saying `Anthrax Reunion? Best show ever!' I am literally pissing my pants with excitement. The fact this fanboy relived some of his younger Thrax days by spending nearly 5 hours straight doing one of his trademark cartoon illustrations of the band (fingers x'd I get them to see it and sign it! Counting on ya Wade!) shows just how damn excited I am.

So I am calling all of you Adelaide lads and lasses to drag your friends along. No excuses lets absolutely DESTROY HEAVEN (the venue) tomorrow night and give Anthrax and Mortal Sin every damn reason to keep touring Oz and in particular our home town.

ITS TIME TO MOSH IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

just a quick note . after surviving the annialation of melbourne , you croweaters are in for an absolute treat . anthrax came , saw and destroyed us melbournites . just got home and my ears wont stop buzzing . was up the front and it justified the 3 hour wait at the door . personal highlight for me was when a taxi rocked past and went down the side entrance . so me and this guy called glen slowly jog down the side entrance only to have the taxi go round the corner and then reverse and come back at us . at this stage we stopped and thought "oh oh " the taxi pulls up beside us , the window rolls down and it's none other than dan spitz and joey belladonna !!!!!!!!! . i was totally stunned , these guys came in a taxi and asked us to help them get into the palace . dan then proceeded to go to the front entrance and start kicking the door which was halairious . they eventually got let in . man the buzz wont leave me for ages . i am currently on such a high it's not funny . anyway good luck to you guys and hope u get to meet some of the band out the front like i did . :headbang: :headbang:

iron_maiden said:
just a quick note . after surviving the annialation of melbourne , you croweaters are in for an absolute treat . anthrax came , saw and destroyed us melbournites . just got home and my ears wont stop buzzing . was up the front and it justified the 3 hour wait at the door . personal highlight for me was when a taxi rocked past and went down the side entrance . so me and this guy called glen slowly jog down the side entrance only to have the taxi go round the corner and then reverse and come back at us . at this stage we stopped and thought "oh oh " the taxi pulls up beside us , the window rolls down and it's none other than dan spitz and joey belladonna !!!!!!!!! . i was totally stunned , these guys came in a taxi and asked us to help them get into the palace . dan then proceeded to go to the front entrance and start kicking the door which was halairious . they eventually got let in . man the buzz wont leave me for ages . i am currently on such a high it's not funny . anyway good luck to you guys and hope u get to meet some of the band out the front like i did . :headbang: :headbang:

Dude, that is a great story, I'm pumped now more than ever for the Adelaide show !!!

aliasp said:
You got it man!

Drag some friends along - hell drag someone off Hindley street !!! Lets sell out that place!

I AM SO DAMN PUMPED... :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

I introduced my 8 year old son and my 9 year old nephew to Madhouse and Indians this weekend. They can't stop saying `It's time for your medication Mr Brown .. MUHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!'

Kids :)

Be awesome mate, I'll be the one wearing the Anthrax shirt at the show, so I am easily recognisable by my buddies !!! he he :headbang:

And just to get you folks north and west of the Melbourne border even more pumped.

The best fucking song ( IMO ) was the second last of the night !!

I AM THE LAW.

Whoever thought a song about a comic would rock so hard as to rip your fucking head back. The crowd went absolutely spare...

You guys are in for a treat. Would go so far as to say that was in my top 3 concerts of all time ( Metallica in 89 on the Justice tour and Slayer a few years back both at Festival Hall )

:worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang:

i hope you guys have a kick ass time like i did, and i hope you all enjoy meeting the band as i did! I AM THE LAW & NFL = best songs of the set - EASILY!

anthrax01.jpg

anthrax25.jpg

iron_maiden said:
personal highlight for me was when a taxi rocked past and went down the side entrance . so me and this guy called glen slowly jog down the side entrance only to have the taxi go round the corner and then reverse and come back at us . at this stage we stopped and thought "oh oh " the taxi pulls up beside us , the window rolls down and it's none other than dan spitz and joey belladonna !!!!!!!!! . i was totally stunned , these guys came in a taxi and asked us to help them get into the palace . dan then proceeded to go to the front entrance and start kicking the door which was halairious . they eventually got let in .

AWESOME story!!!!! Kinda spewing though. Was there at the very start as well. Met Glen there. Was with my mates Dan and Dan, trying to catch the band. We had to run to get Dan 1 on the tram.

Ah well, GREAT show. Glad ya got to meet them!! :kickass:

I'm there!!!!!!!!!! Got off the plane from Melbourne 3 hours ago and now it's 5pm and I'm leaving in an hour for Heaven!!!!!!!!!

I'm from Canada, but I think it's awsome that Anthrax has toured Australia 2 years in a row now! :headbang: Especially since the last time they were down there was on the Stomp and POT tours I believe! :Spin:

To all Adelaide Thraxians - have an awesome night - sounds like the shows have been absolutely legendry!!! :headbang:!!!

Perth gets an awesome combo, :Spin: instore Tues pm and the gig the next night!!
Fuckety fuck I can't wait :hotjump: :hotjump:

Thanks for all the reviews and posts from o'er east. Iron Maiden - awesome story re. Melb gig!!

Eat Pop Slop said:
AWESOME story!!!!! Kinda spewing though. Was there at the very start as well. Met Glen there. Was with my mates Dan and Dan, trying to catch the band. We had to run to get Dan 1 on the tram.

Ah well, GREAT show. Glad ya got to meet them!! :kickass:

glad you enjoyed the show . did u guys get up the front ?. i was up the front slightly to the right and it was amazing . having the guys bout half a foot away from u when they came to the front of the stage was something else . this concert is well and truly scorched into my brain 4 life . what were you guys wearing ?. think i know who you were . :headbang: :headbang:

iron_maiden said:
glad you enjoyed the show . did u guys get up the front ?. i was up the front slightly to the right and it was amazing . having the guys bout half a foot away from u when they came to the front of the stage was something else . this concert is well and truly scorched into my brain 4 life . what were you guys wearing ?. think i know who you were . :headbang: :headbang:

Kinda towards the front man. Was on Scott's side of the stage, kinda in front of the speakers but back a lil. Close enough for an old fart like me that didn't wanna go off in the mosh, but just watch and take it in.

My mate got some killer pics which I'll post for ya's if he doesn't. Not sure if he's registered here. He met the boys at the airport this morning too on his way back to Hobart.

I ditched the popeye shirt I had on earlier come gig time - blacked out in my Bumblefoot Shirt and Levi's :kickass: