i've got A LOT of snare in my overheads (help)

cobrahead1030 said:
could you elaborate on that, or point me to a place where i could get more info?

Andy said he filters from 600hz and below and use a limiter to suck the snare from the oh's track (just when it's needed), he sidechains that limiter so it reacts just when you hit the snare. (www.ilovemetal.co.uk)
Anyway usually I reverse the phase on the oh's if I find that the sound of the snare is weak or there's too much oh's sound on it.
anyway listen to trivium's [SIZE=-1]Ember To Inferno, that is separation at its best![/SIZE]

kaomao said:
Andy said he filters from 600hz and below and use a limiter to suck the snare from the oh's track (just when it's needed), he sidechains that limiter so it reacts just when you hit the snare. (www.ilovemetal.co.uk)
Anyway usually I reverse the phase on the oh's if I find that the sound of the snare is weak or there's too much oh's sound on it.
anyway listen to trivium's [SIZE=-1]Ember To Inferno, that is separation at its best![/SIZE]

that's very similar to how i'm running things...i've filtered from 500 hz and below, and using the limiter to cut down the snare in the overhheads

i've got the snare track aligned with the overheads, i tried the reverse phase thing and wasn't crazy about it