March of Progress - latest news

Hi Karl,

having just returned from some holidays in the US (I am Brazilian but my wife is from there, although we both work in Switzerland), I had the chance to watch the trailer and finally check out the new album cover.

Nice work, and I definitely look forward to buying the new digipak album when it is released! Just let us know if/when you guys plan to come down to Z7 or anywhere nearby!

Oh, and a quick stupid question: which song is being played as the background soundtrack for the trailer clip? It sounds really great!

This shoud answer your question:

In any case, I wouldn't try to judge a whole 75 minute album on a few minutes of the opening track with talking over the top.

01. Ashes
02. Return Of The Thought Police
03. Staring At The Sun
04. Liberty Complacency Dependency
05. Colophon
06. The Hours
07. That’s Why We Came
08. Don’t Look Down
09. Coda
10. Rubicon

The trailer track is indeed Ashes in full length form and stops before the second instrumental section. The single edit is different to comply with the sub 5 minute rules.

We are trying to get everyone to be available for a tour early next year.

Not forgetting the bonus track Divinity which will be available on the digi-pak release :)

Quote:
01. Ashes
02. Return Of The Thought Police
03. Staring At The Sun
04. Liberty Complacency Dependency
05. Colophon
06. The Hours
07. That’s Why We Came
08. Don’t Look Down
09. Coda
10. Rubicon

There's no way we could forget the track about Pete joining Threshold! Good luck to Pete this week as he attends mixing of his solo album.

You know very well that Threshold are still a band that moves on to create something new. We play older songs in a live set, but I can leave going over old albums in their entirety to a retirement plan. I always see bands that have seen their best days making these kind of tours when the game is up.

We're talking about playing a concept album in full because it's like telling a story. It would be a special gig with an awesome vibe and if you had visuals on the screen like you did on the last tour, it would be out of this world! You will NEVER hear me ask you play Wounded Land or Subsurface in full. This has nothing to do with your retirement plan. :)

Do bands still have listening parties? Just remember 24. That is the date for a single this month and the album is out next month. I really hope the new record company system for reviewers means that it will not leak. There used to be a special atmosphere on a release day that rather got lost in recent years.

Not that common nowadays, but Dark Tranquillity and Borknagar still do so.

We're talking about playing a concept album in full because it's like telling a story. It would be a special gig with an awesome vibe and if you had visuals on the screen like you did on the last tour, it would be out of this world! You will NEVER hear me ask you play Wounded Land or Subsurface in full. This has nothing to do with your retirement plan. :)

I understand what you are saying and I did recently enjoy listening to Clone. This was the first time in full since we recorded it and brought back some great memories. I just wonder what you would do when faced with the options though. I have to ask Damian to learn a whole new album of lyrics, plus some extra tracks for a tour. He does put in a serious amount of effort to get them right being as they are not words written by himself. Should that be March of Progress or Clone he works on? Having said that, I expect we can do something from Clone live.

22yep, actually amazon has it (but it says "This title will be released on September 3, 2012."). Fun that you found it under the "film & tv" category :D

Also Emp has it (with the usual very high prices).

Nobody knows the release date any longer. I even had the wrong date on the trailer.

Great, will be looking for the single tomorrow, then. Is the main album going to be available on Threshold's online store as well?

I am asking this because it's rather difficult to find Threshold albums in Switzerland...not to mention expensive when compared to other markets.

The single lyrics video is out now:

Usually we don't have a new studio album in the Threshold shop. It is more likely when we go on tour.

Album release date is definitely 24th. There will Track by Track video clips up in 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
First impression after one listening: the song is great, I really like the Subsurface meets Dead Reckoning approach (and so should do mr. picky aka forgottenglory), but what is really out of this world are the vocal melodies, absolutely astonishing!!!
A few minor things I'm not fond of: the snare drum sounds a bit too 'plastic' and weak (but I will judge it better with the cd), and I would have appreciated backing vocals sung by all members - as on Extinct Instinct, for example, to me it sounds better. But it's just a matter of personal tastes :)

Who plays that Nick Midson-ish :)D) wah solo?