Need To learn to scream

I agree with BDZ. That's exactly what I was talking about. :p

I don't know what I've been drinking and eating lately though but it's really taken a battle axe to my scream range. :p

I think drinking pop is bad because the carbonic acid supposedly is bad for your throat when singing. Plus whenever I've drank pop while singing it dries me up really fast.

Screaming from your throat can work. It did for me, but it made me end up coughing. And it would suck to end up coughing on stage in the middle of a song.

What do you use, a headset microphone? If you cough, just move the mic out of the way. It's not embarrassing to cough on stage if your vocals kick ass. :p

Or just tell them you use the bukakke growling technique and need to move some phlegm from time to time. :p

But in all seriousness, you WILL cough whether you're doing it right or wrong. It's just the result of extended screaming. Also make sure not to overexert yourself.

Hahaha. Interesting growling technique.
I've never actually coughed from my vocals oddly, but over time it does have an itch at times. It's unnatural to your throats habits for sure