new metallica... promising ?

As a huge Metallica fan, I can't help being excited, even if I was let down with St. Anger.

I mean, it's fucking METALLLLLLICA!!!!!!!! How can you not be excited???

Still not excited I'm afraid. Though this is coming from someone who thinks that their "Golden Age" material is fairly average, and who is not really a Thrash fan at all really.

Still not excited I'm afraid. Though this is coming from someone who thinks that their "Golden Age" material is fairly average, and who is not really a Thrash fan at all really.

Well, you're a minority. From my experience, 8 out of 10 metalheads got into metal through them, or at least loved them when they just started listening to metal - and at least half of those still consider their classics as "must have" albums.

But obviously if you don't love their best work, it's understandable you wouldn't care about their new releases.

Well, you're a minority. From my experience, 8 out of 10 metalheads got into metal through them, or at least loved them when they just started listening to metal - and at least half of those still consider their classics as "must have" albums.

But obviously if you don't love their best work, it's understandable you wouldn't care about their new releases.

this describes me perfectly - i was all into the 90's grunge and pop scene until i heard some good ol metallica, and i never turned back.

St. Anger still sucks though, but i'm not keeping my hopes up for the next album

me too... as you guys know bahaha

YEEAHHH RIGHT

Are you blocking out the britney spears and the avril lavigne? I do remember the day I showed you metal for the first time tho... I think you were listening to a spice girls CD and I tore the disc out and put in Metallica S&M... and strangely enough you became obsessed with it - didn't expect that!

I started with classical and theme music (mostly video game).
Then came Wierd Al
Then came Ugly Kid Joe
Then came punk
Then I heard Iron Maiden, and I was forever turned.