Now playing thread

Nov 26, 2005
Italy
If the moderator does not want this thread here, he deletes that.

Dissection+-+The+Somberlain+%28Melodic+Black+Metal+-+1993%29.jpg

i posted a reply in the hypocrisy forum, and now here, hahaha i think it can work!

arcturus - sideshow symphonies
rush - 2112
discharge - hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing

:kickass:

I'm listening to some songs of the metal-a-capella band called "Van Canto" right now... does anyone of you know them?
(they only have a drummer and the guitars and the bass are made with the voices only...)
here are some youtube links to songs of them:

- The Mission
- Battery
- Wishmaster
- Magic Taboera (for "Runes of Magic")
- Rebellion
- Lost Forever

They released 3 CDs by now and will go back into the studios next spring.
(They did some cover songs for sure but the most of it is "own" stuff - but also the covers are nice to be heard :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
David, last time we met you told me about a industrial metal band (I think it was Swedish), but I can't remember a name, would you happen to remember what it was?

And no need to say I am jealous of what you are listening too!
I myself am listening to the second Sybreed album "Antares"

David, last time we met you told me about a industrial metal band (I think it was Swedish), but I can't remember a name, would you happen to remember what it was?

???
I can't remember a thing before last weekend. :zombie: Well... I t could have been RAUBTIER. Sounds a bit like Rammstein but with lyrics in northern Swedish dialect. :headbang:

But there are at least 5 other Swedish industrial bands I can think of.

PAIN 2011 :D

Is it good? ;)
--------------
???
I can't remember a thing before last weekend. :zombie: Well... I t could have been RAUBTIER. Sounds a bit like Rammstein but with lyrics in northern Swedish dialect. :headbang:
But there are at least 5 other Swedish industrial bands I can think of.

Hhhhаhhаhаhа ))))
Really reminds Rammstein :)

But more interestingly - the German and Swedish are very "metal"! They become part of the music and sound very brutal, tougher than the English language. Hope that Peter will write at least one song in Swedish for PAIN or HYPOCRISY :)
--------------
Now i'm listening to
:zombie:

Oh David and Michael.. You are so evil...

And I believe, you really don´t want to know what I am listening.. Something quite "different". Hahaa.

Lucky man ))))

What about new Brejn Dedd and Vondur? ;)

Haha, i am tired of listeing to Vondur now since the album is ready and it was a very intense period of mixing this summer. I haven't seen the release date though.

Brejndedd i am listening to at least once a week as that project is not ready yet. I think it will see the light at some point in 2011.

But today i am listeing to Pretty Maids "Pandemonium" - the best release i've heard in 2010.

Ha, I#M also listening to Pandemonium but by a different band;-) It's called "In Legend" and a very young German band consisting only of keyboards, bass and drums! Really cool!

@CKey: attending any Van Canto gigs this winter?

hehe @ Ben : RAKKATAKKA ;)

van canto and in legend are awesome bands =) can't wait for bochum and köln =D this year at summer breeze vc was amazing!!!

now listening to: van canto - kings of metal :hotjump:

aaand i'm in the rebellion clip :rofl: (e.g. 0:53 nearly the last one on left side, banging :rofl:)

aaaaand just btw, the "other" Pandemonium, Ben meant:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLesGMA0-rM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLesGMA0-rM[/ame]
(the second band of van canto's drummer)

@ben_uez: sure thing! ;)
I'll be there in Cologne. it will be the 5th time that I see Van Canto.
Last time I saw them was when they played in Düsseldorf, supporting Blind Guardian together with Steelwhing.
(I was even able to talk to two of them for a little^^)
Do you see them at the winter tour too?

~~~
@all: I wish you a merry Christmas btw! :)

@CKey: i saw them last time at the tribe of force tour in essen and summer breeze. it was awesome!!! =) i don't like blind guardian... otherwise i would have travel to düsseldorf too ;)
in essen all instead of inga (was unfortunately ill) came along to talk =) got my tribe of force shirt signed ;)

merry christmas =)

now listening: Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid

@toasted.mind:
well I'm not a huge fan of Blind Guardian... they have some good songs but I prefer Iced Earth when it comes to that direction in the Metal music...

I even go to concerts for the supportbands only if I can make it^^ - but for them it is more difficult to get the news when they will play where. I had big luck for september when Elvenking had been in Cologne (while supporting Primal Fear together with Kissin' Dynamite). I went there to see Elvenking. They played only for half an hour which was a pity but I could talk to the guys and got all my CDbooklets signed :)... and the ticket price was only 22€ so it was ok...
(I know more songs of Blind Guardian than of Primal Fear but I wasn't there for them in the first place *hehe*)
normally I rather tend to hear bands like Hypocrisy/Pain (of course), Opeth and Satyricon... or the older stuff of In Flames when they aren't as melodic as they have been on their "A Sense Of Purpose"-CD

Now Listening to the "The Scythe"-CD of Elvenking... :)

I didn't enjoy Van Canto much as Summer Breeze this year I must say...

And talking about going to gigs for the opening act, I have done that many times actually just for Pain I have been to 5 Nightwish concerts ;)

Now listening to A Perfect Circle - Imagine (and the "Thirteenth step" album too)

And talking about going to gigs for the opening act, I have done that many times actually just for Pain I have been to 5 Nightwish concerts ;)

i'd been at 2 Nightwish concerts for Pain ;)

mh well Van Canto is one of my very favorit bands so me and my friends had a big party in the first row at Summer Breeze :rofl: though the sound wasn't the best but doesn't matter ;) someone said that we were often shown on the screen Oo dunno ^^
in 3 days i'm at a concert again =D and at the 7th January again in Cologne =D
party party party ^^

now listening to: flight of the bumblebee - David Garrett