Off-Topic

My church is crazy enough to send 470 students on a mission trip to Belle Glade, FL instead of having a summer camp. And it was awesome.

Belle Glade is a farming community in central Florida with unfortunately high rates of crime, poverty, and gang-related violence.

My Church, Christ Fellowship, is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, and, and we've always had some sort of ministry going on in Belle Glade (which is around an hour away). Four years ago God laid it on our hearts, as a church, that rather than sending most of our students away to church camps during the summer, we should go out to Belle Glade to do a week of ministry. Our High schoolers do some painting, light construction, and gardening around the community, while our middle schoolers run VBS at several parks throughout the community.

A local news station ran an article on what we were doing out there, if you want some more detail.

And if you want to see some of our entertainingly crazed and sleep-deprived youth pastors try to give some daily recaps of what was going on, you can find that here: http://cfbelleglade.wordpress.com/

That's great, Arnock. I think the students probably got a lot more out of that than they would a regular summer camp, and it's certainly a good cause.

I suppose we should be friendly enough to suggest sending you some sea slug themed stamps but I don't see that happening in the near future :D Where do you even start looking for these?

*whats the difference between a slug and a snail?

Hey I'm friendly enough to pay money, Stryper vinyl records and/or original Aish! recordings to anyone who sends me sea slug stamps from around the world!

I get a heads-up on Australian stamp releases which makes it easy for me here at home, but I guess anyone else could just be on the lookout for local sea slug stamps. Croatia has an impressive coastline, so maybe you'll celebrate marine life on your postage and come up with something I'd be interested in one day. Thailand has HEAPS of gorgeous sea slugs, so M@RS should be on the lookout for nudibranch stamps there! I live in hope.

And the difference between a slug and a snail is the shell. Some snails have TINY shells and look a lot like slugs, but just aren't quite.

Thanks for the interest!

Well I rarely even use mail so unless I look for it I'll never stumble upon it. I'll try to remember and go to the local post office in the next couple of days and ask for those, but don't bet on it!

Thanks, but don't go out of your way.

I just keep trawling the internet, and guess what?
I found a nudibranch stamp from El Salvador today!
I'll put it in my blog RIGHT NOW!!

Thailand has HEAPS of gorgeous sea slugs, so M@RS should be on the lookout for nudibranch stamps there! I live in hope.
Stores here have some "stamp" promotion going on. And I've got a bunch of em'. I'm only seeing fish though.

Dude... Those are cool stamps. I guess I'm not the only one here that enjoys the beauty of strange creatures. For me, it is insects. Especially mantids and beetles...

I have a FaceBook page for beetles: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coleoptera/130959736976072

And here are some of my awesome beetles:

Cyclommatus metallifer finae
536814_372371219501588_515660851_n.jpg

Dorcus brevis
578726_373720532699990_1001655659_n.jpg

Dynastes granti, Strategus aloeus, & Dynstes tityus (LEFT TO RIGHT)
249067_348209488584428_1292089512_n.jpg

Xylotrupes gideon
406829_253986101340101_1641752910_n.jpg

Dorcus parallelus
576358_325217614216949_522079781_n.jpg

Phileurus truncatus
183154_130969013641811_4041227_n.jpg

Tiny for this species... but Lucanus elaphus (NEWLY EMERGED)
215699_376610909077619_852629856_n.jpg

^
Thanks for having a look - glad you like them :Spin:

Those are some truly awesome beetles, and I've always thought that mantids rock!

And, other than Shellos (which is styled on nudibranchs), my favourite Pokémon are bugs! :loco: