Olympics 2008

Ties are only in timed or measured sports apparently. Judged sports have tiebreakers. Some make more sense than others. In the men's vault there was a tie, but since they do two trials, they picked the guy with the best trial. That seemed much less arbitrary.

I think if you have a tie break in gymnastics in something such as the uneven bars, each person should have to do their routine again and then the scores from both are somehow combined.

Also, if you majorly fuck up on an event (like falling off the bea,), you should get a score of zero. Deductions for things should be raised from .8 pts to something like 1.5 pts so that people who fuck up don't get a medal. It's only fair to everyone.

nice olympic moment

7937c42adbfeft7.jpg

and usain bolt is awesome

I guess he means performance enhancing drugs.

Fuck no! By saying genetic boost I meant a new way of boosting which is an injection of a special fragment of DNA which can be responsible for better motivation or bigger strength. Ofcourse it is a very expensive way of boosting and can affect sportsman health badly, but it is effective and, as I said, possible but very difficult to detect.

I watched the Olympics for about a half hour tonight, and I turned it off because there's too much advertising. There's a 22-second event, then ten minutes of ads, then another 22-second event, then ten more minutes of ads.

Did see the H. Bolt 200m replay...the guy is amazing, yet annoying as hell with his ego and antics.

Also, WTF is with baseballs new extra inning rule? US -v- Japan tied 0-0 after 10 inns, then the rule is to start the 11th with 2-men on base and you get to choose any batter you want at the plate. Even though it worked out for the US (winning 4-2), probably the most retarded idea ever. Makes the womens gymnastic tie-breaker thing look like a brilliant idea.

Did see the H. Bolt 200m replay...the guy is amazing, yet annoying as hell with his ego and antics.

Also, WTF is with baseballs new extra inning rule? US -v- Japan tied 0-0 after 10 inns, then the rule is to start the 11th with 2-men on base and you get to choose any batter you want at the plate. Even though it worked out for the US (winning 4-2), probably the most retarded idea ever. Makes the womens gymnastic tie-breaker thing look like a brilliant idea.

EGO??? I'm sorry if you didn't know, but Jamaican's have alot more joy then all of us combined. He has a right to celebrate. He's loose before his races. You look at all the other guys and there all tensed up and shit. I just really look at it as having fun.

He's racing the 4 x 100m Relay in about 40 mins, so it'll be interesting to watch and see if he breaks that world record too.

I watched the Olympics for about a half hour tonight, and I turned it off because there's too much advertising. There's a 22-second event, then ten minutes of ads, then another 22-second event, then ten more minutes of ads.

Seriously? We have nonstop commercial-free broadcastings of the olympics.

Anyone else hear about the fact that the IOC and the IGF are going to investigate what the actual ages of the Chinese gymnasts are?

Finally some action!