Pics of fake amp stacks

theRev

Nov 22, 2008
Hi guys!

Some time ago in one of the thread I noticed some pics of a stage with fake amplifiers.. Maybe was Immortal stuff..

Anyway, do you guys have more pics like that? By seein' that fakiness I was laughin my ass off, so anymore of that kind of pics would be really appreciated! :D

EDIT: Pic was this

http://www.trianglecat.com/blog/images/immortalfake.jpg

Well I know that all that amp stacks in live shows are for eye candy (I remember the two 10 meters tall crosses made of "Marshall amps" on the Slayer show) but I found it hylaroius by watchin' at them from the back

This is the sort of shit that just makes me think... how are bands that allow themselves to do this any different from N'Sync or The Backstreet Boys....

Is it sad that we have mock cabs at our rehearsal space? hahahahaha

I think mocks are fucking awesome, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with them. You could play in an arena with just a combo amp behind stage if you want.

This is the sort of shit that just makes me think... how are bands that allow themselves to do this any different from N'Sync or The Backstreet Boys....

Yeah, it's ridiculous really.
And sadly, most bands don't realize the audience honestly couldn't give two fucks if they can see the backline or not, yet they continue to insist on using a dummy backline.
Meshuggah had practically no backline on stage when I saw them (apart from rack units, for the Axe FX and POD XT Pro and probably power conditioners and shit like that), but it seemed to have zero effect on how much the crowd was enjoying the show.

Its a stage prop, no different than having ramps to additional staging, lights, platforms, display monitors or in small setups, graphic vinyl and backdrop. Even for the bands that actually do have real amps stacks on stage and even if they are using them, its nothing more than for looks, so fake or dummy loaded cabinets and amps make life easier for the roadies.

Personally I think the huge wall of stacks like Slayer and Immortal is just cheesy, but if they think it makes the stage look cool, well then thats totally their call.

now I know why Immortal had this EXTREMELY shite guitarsound in Wacken ;)

Powerball :Spin:

I guess we're just gonna disagree.. but to me, it doesn't cool. not one bit. It looks like they're trying to make up for a lack of actual testicles about their person.

I guess we're just gonna disagree.. but to me, it doesn't cool. not one bit. It looks like they're trying to make up for a lack of actual testicles about their person.

I agree, I think its completely stupid myself. I just don't agree that it means a lack of talent, its just overcompensating (most likely for penis size) and is just cliche and cheesy.

My original statement wasn't a knock on their talent though. More about how they're willing to look like complete muppets in order to be successful.

My original statement wasn't a knock on their talent though. More about how they're willing to look like complete muppets in order to be successful.

And at that statement, I fully endorse your words. I think any band that has to have a wall of cabinets either real/dummy/prop is a complete tool.

So... am i the only one paying to see a SHOW, and not hearing a record played live?

Jesus Christ, don't get me wrong: I'm not saying it isn't cool... I just cited the Slayer scenography because it was fuckin' GORGEOUS... But again, I find quite enjoyable to see the "tricks" as they are... Yea, I'm paying to see a SHOW too, so just don't be too picky (talking with you guys is becoming more and more difficult... Just smile at life sometimes, seems like you always have to demonstrate how cool you are even on useless threads like this ;) )

Megadeth has a full backline on empty Marshall DM Cabs and JVM Heads, there were 2 racks off to the side. One with Chris's AxeFX and the other with Daves GSP 1101

Fucking pissed me off they used Dummy Cabs, cause the week prior. Fear Factory got on stage and the same venue with no amps / racks in sight just an empty stage with a drum set and fucking slayed!!

Jesus Christ, don't get me wrong: I'm not saying it isn't cool... I just cited the Slayer scenography because it was fuckin' GORGEOUS... But again, I find quite enjoyable to see the "tricks" as they are... Yea, I'm paying to see a SHOW too, so just don't be too picky (talking with you guys is becoming more and more difficult... Just smile at life sometimes, seems like you always have to demonstrate how cool you are even on useless threads like this ;) )

I wasnt commenting on you at all, my comment was directed at drew's comments regarding how he'd like to watch bands rehearse their material. ;)

Grown men looking like pandas using walls of fake amps. It's fucking awesome. It's genius.

Megadeth has a full backline on empty Marshall DM Cabs and JVM Heads, there were 2 racks off to the side. One with Chris's AxeFX and the other with Daves GSP 1101

Fucking pissed me off they used Dummy Cabs, cause the week prior. Fear Factory got on stage and the same venue with no amps / racks in sight just an empty stage with a drum set and fucking slayed!!

When I saw them (November 2009) they were each using 4 JVM fullstacks. Some kid tapped me on the shoulder and said "look at that man, they have four FULL STACKS, thats like 800 watts". I don't know if the cabs were dummies or not but they were for sure using racks for their sound. I don't see why it would piss you off, its a show. Its like telling actors not to wear costumes. Would you rather see this
yoda.jpg

or this
250px-Frank_oz.jpg

So... am i the only one paying to see a SHOW, and not hearing a record played live?

To me a 'show' is the crowd, the fact the music is being played live and by the seat of the bands collective pants - a spontaneous and energetic burst of creativity.

That's just how I prefer my live experiences.

@ Rogue Leader : The difference is, a costume in a film actually serves a functional, proper purpose, so not a good analogy at all.
A dummy backline is just making up for an incredibly small dick and lack of testicles. Want a bigger dick? Get some fucking surgery, because a bigger backline wont actually increase the size of one's dick.