pj harvey

sol83

Jun 15, 2002
Greece
could yous suggest songs and albums and that. cheers.

:Spin:

pj249.jpg

You know, it's funny. I mean, aside from my magnanimous idiocy, but I was just out watching Kingdom Hospital on TV, getting really high when I thought about this last post. "PJ Harvey," I was thinking to myself. Then I realized that I don't know anything from her at all, and the song that I was thinking of(Roads) was Portishead. I think that was one of the first times that I flushed in embarassment with noone else around to see it. So, in my buzz, I raced back to my computer, thinking that I could somehow heroically edit or delete that post. But I am too late, so, you can all revel in The Stooge's retardation. I would suggest talking about it at cocktail parties or during road trips when you need to make each other feel better. Maybe I am being a little too dramatic? I need another beer.............

Portishead does rule though :)

This is another question related to a female singer:

Has anyone ever heard of Guiche Patty? (maybe the spelling isn't correct -- maybe this isn't her name at all). She had a song called Mauvaises Graines and I saw it a couple of times on tv as a kid. She was supposed to be a scandalous artist.

Yep i'd definitely go for "stories from the city..", it's got that excellent song too, "this mess we're in" with Thom Yorke, excellent indeed

And yeah, Portishead do rule :worship:

Dhatura said:
This is another question related to a female singer:

Has anyone ever heard of Guiche Patty? (maybe the spelling isn't correct -- maybe this isn't her name at all). She had a song called Mauvaises Graines and I saw it a couple of times on tv as a kid. She was supposed to be a scandalous artist.
Do you mean Guesch Patty? I couldn't remember the spelling either. But I remember her only from Etienne.

well, it sounded similar. :)
She wouldn't be that scandalous nowadays, but then it was a big thing.And this was only because of the lyrics.. Now if you don't show your tits you don't get on MTV. Wasn't she a ballerina btw?

I didn't know but I have just looked at a site and it says she's a dancer, singer, actress, director, etc.

Yeah, it was long, long ago, I still went to primary school I think. Or maybe secondary.

is this desire is a pretty good album, its really intense but quite melancholy and big exit is a fucking class album - i think its called big exit, yeah im pretty sure it is.......the one with bird of paradise (what a fucking tune) and big exit itself is an amazing track....and so is the one she did with yorke

The Scourge said:
You know, it's funny. I mean, aside from my magnanimous idiocy, but I was just out watching Kingdom Hospital on TV, getting really high when I thought about this last post. "PJ Harvey," I was thinking to myself. Then I realized that I don't know anything from her at all, and the song that I was thinking of(Roads) was Portishead. I think that was one of the first times that I flushed in embarassment with noone else around to see it. So, in my buzz, I raced back to my computer, thinking that I could somehow heroically edit or delete that post. But I am too late, so, you can all revel in The Stooge's retardation. I would suggest talking about it at cocktail parties or during road trips when you need to make each other feel better. Maybe I am being a little too dramatic? I need another beer.............

Portishead does rule though :)
dude take it easy. no one is gonna make fun of you for a mistake of that kind. cheers