'post-rock'

"As with many musical genres, the term is arguably inadequate: it is used for the music of Tortoise as well as that of Mogwai"

then why the fuck are you using it, you journo twat?? christ i hate music journalists. They always think that their arsewitted analysis of trends is important :puke:

a genre that looks to what came before it to define itself. this is what happens when kids grow up reading the NME :erk:

steve -mater tenebrarum- zegt:
trouwens nog 1 iets
steve -mater tenebrarum- zegt:
die postrocker moet vooral slint en june of 44 ontdekken
make tea not love zegt:
:)
make tea not love zegt:
(y)

try MOUNTAIN MEN ANONYMOUS, the album is called Krkonose, released on my kung fu label. the site is www.mountainmenanonymous.com

has any of you guyz listened to A Silver Mt. Zion?
i liked the Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upwards.. or what it is called..

anyone listened to Envy from Japan?
They released A Dead Sinking Story in 2003/2004, sounds lik a mix of Mogwai and Isis.

cheerz

Genres make me giggle. Weird to see Seefeel listed in that list thing, I have a couple of albums by them, but there's nothing rocky, post or otherwise, about them. What is that people are calling the old Warp stuff, like Black Dog, these days? Have they found something better than 'electronic listening music' (haha) yet? And how come so many people who are into black metal are also into stuff like Autechre? Isn't that, like, odd? What about Stan Ridgway? And, come to think of it, can someone tell me how to categorise "Andy Partridge & Harold Budd" in my music library, 'cos I can't be bothered to listen to it...

discouraged1 said:
try MOUNTAIN MEN ANONYMOUS, the album is called Krkonose, released on my kung fu label. the site is www.mountainmenanonymous.com

has any of you guyz listened to A Silver Mt. Zion?
i liked the Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upwards.. or what it is called..

anyone listened to Envy from Japan?
They released A Dead Sinking Story in 2003/2004, sounds lik a mix of Mogwai and Isis.

cheerz

the envy album is amazing, even with all those schizofrenic screams:)

Light said:
And how come so many people who are into black metal are also into stuff like Autechre? Isn't that, like, odd?
there arent MANY of that kind. you see them only on a few forums around here like anathema, opeth or kayo dot.

i like black metal (emperor, dodheimsgard, ulver, immortal, darkthrone etc... and the last mayhem) and autechre.

meh.gif
oh my god it hurts...