Radio stations?

chibitotoro

Jul 1, 2002
Tokyo
Visit site
This is a question for anyone in the NYC area. I'll be moving there soon, and I'm curious if there are any radio stations in the area that play the type of music we're all into. I currently live in a stuffy town in Connecticut, so there's no chance of hearing any good metal on the radio, but I figure there's a better chance of that in the best city on earth ;) So, anyone know? Thanks.

Originally posted by chibitotoro
This is a question for anyone in the NYC area. I'll be moving there soon, and I'm curious if there are any radio stations in the area that play the type of music we're all into. I currently live in a stuffy town in Connecticut, so there's no chance of hearing any good metal on the radio, but I figure there's a better chance of that in the best city on earth ;) So, anyone know? Thanks.

Short answer: no.
Long answer: We used to have 89.5 WSOU, New Jersey's hardest rock :headbang:, but the Jesuit priests that run the institution (Seton Hall University) saw Slayer's "God Hates Us All" album and put the kibosh on that. It's now partially metal, and partially loads of crap. But you're a metalhead, no? What do you need the radio for?

Check out Snake Net Metal Radio at www.snakenet.com

I write/take pics for them. We are the biggest heavy metal radio station on the planet. I am talking real metal. You can listen in Real Audio, Winamp, and WMA. We have a database of thousands of bands that you can request from... and one of the biggest metal forums out there.:)

hmm, thanks for the help guys. By they way markgugs, I need radio action because I'm po'! That's right, I'm so poor I'm po'! So I'd like to be able to listen to lots of new stuff without having to fork over lots of money for imports and whatnot.

Friday and Saturday Nights here in NYC, 102.7 FM

Dream Theater
Iron Maiden
Manowar
Dio
Rush
Savatage

Yeah, they'll play lsome crap...but its worth sitting through it to hear Rime of the Ancient Mariner or 6:00