Recommend me some Autopsy?

BRUTAL SENSATION

pathpathologypathos
Jun 7, 2001
melbourne, Australia
alarum.com.au
Im a big fan of DM and ive never really have listened to much Autopsy for some reason. I know their earlier albums like Mental Funeral etc are hailed as classics of early DM...I am planning to buy one of their albums but dont really know where to start???

I bought Shitfun a while ago just cause it was rather cheap, but i was pretty dissapionted, it sounded just rushed and slopppy....

Also does Steve digiorgio play on any Autopsy albums????....I read somewhere he did?!?!...Maybe im wrong....

Cheers in advance!

Get Mental first if you must only get one. But I suggest you get Severed as soon as humanly possible.

Those two albums are a must for anybody into the old school death. (imo)

You will never get polished production and playing on an Autopsy album - that's not what they were about!!! Yeah steve digiorgio played on Severed Survival but it was never fancy technical stuff. Its raw its nasty and its sick.

diabolical vengeance said:
Don't forget Acts of the Unspeakable...more people should listen to Autopsy. You mightg also like an Austrian band from the same era called Miasma. I have an album of theirs called Love Songs and its bloody great

:hotjump:

"Changes" by Miasma is one of my favorite 10 death albums. "Love Songs" pales in comparison.

Alright! Im going down to the shops today and will definately purchace Mental...and possibly Severed...I know ive seen em pretty cheap and re-issue w/ bonus trax....

...And yeh what do you guys think of "Acts of the unspeakable" ??? How does it compare to the previous albums???

Yeh i have heard some of the last Abscess album it was pretty decent from what i remember...and yeh ill try check out Miasma soon....

Cheers again guys
Stay fuckin sick!

ALaRum said:
Alright! Im going down to the shops today and will definately purchace Mental...and possibly Severed...I know ive seen em pretty cheap and re-issue w/ bonus trax....

...And yeh what do you guys think of "Acts of the unspeakable" ??? How does it compare to the previous albums???

Yeh i have heard some of the last Abscess album it was pretty decent from what i remember...and yeh ill try check out Miasma soon....

Cheers again guys
Stay fuckin sick!

After you check out Autopsy, and want to get something even sloppier and messier, check out The Ravenous "Assembled in Blasphemy". I think that band has some Autopsy members in it. Great CD. They have another one called "three on a meathook" or something like that, but I have not heard that one.

All you need is SEVERED SURVIVAL ... th rest IMHO go off into self parody ... but SEVERED is a fucking classic.

Also get THE RAVENOUS - Three on a meathook ... Autopsy members + Danny Lilker ... a great EP that was released this year ... much better than their ASSEMBELED IN BLASPHEMY debut.

Alright well i bought Severed and Mental the other day both are very good so far, but im favoring severed atm. Damn why the fuck didnt i get into Autopsy earlier! heh

What i think of both albums so far:

Severed: Reminds me quite a bit of old death but a bit more sicker sounding, and overall seems faster tempo compared to mental...killer

Mental: Eiree atmosphere on this album nice!... Also seems to have a lot of doomy sounding parts mixed with more faster parts quite different to Severed..