• yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

sol83

Jun 15, 2002
Greece
more cheese with this one then. so are women more sensitive (whatever that can mean) than men, do they get more emotional and that? what do you think? i'd say yes 20-30 years ago but definitely not nowdays...

men seem to me more sensitive anyway, when it comes to pain and such
'i'm gonna dieeeeeee because i scratched my finger and i can't come out of my bed for a couple of days now anymore'
i don't say there aren't such women, but if a men has a cold he needs somehow more attention then if a female has. not? :confused:

erm, i'm not talking about how much a man or a woman moans and whines about silly things. i'm asking yous if you think the accepted trend that says women are more fragile and emotional and all that is true or not. i dont think it has to do with being m/f. it depends on the person. the thing is that men are too afraid (or ashamed maybe) to show a non-macho behaviour. i mean, imagine a lad crying, its not gonna be well accapted by his fellow mates, is it?

i was talking about it with both a mate and a girlfriend of mine yesterday and we all agreed its not about women or men, its on the individual really...

:Spin:

siderea said:
'i'm gonna dieeeeeee because i scratched my finger and i can't come out of my bed for a couple of days now anymore'
i don't say there aren't such women, but if a men has a cold he needs somehow more attention then if a female has. not? :confused:
well i noticed that too, with several different men.can't be a coincidence can it?:loco:
@ sol: ofcourse you're not talking of that kind of things. i agree that being sensitive has nothing to do with sex

sol83 said:
imagine a lad crying, its not gonna be well accepted by his fellow mates, is it?
:ill: i'm happy not to have the mates in your example.
damn, if you'd been thru shit, and the only thing you wanna do is cry yer eyes out and rant about it to a mate, why do u need to suppress it?

i was talking about it with both a mate and a girlfriend of mine yesterday and we all agreed its not about women or men, its on the individual really...
...and society 'allowing' it. i think it also has to do with development in a way. when i was a kid, in that small, low-educated village, i couldnt express myself in tears, no absolutely not, i'd be :Smug: but now, if a mate (or me) wants to cry or to listen - fine by me, let it flow.
i like that attitude better, cos obviously, we passed the Stone Age by now havent we?

sol83 said:
i was talking about it with both a mate and a girlfriend of mine yesterday and we all agreed its not about women or men, its on the individual really...:

i understand now what you are saying, but if i may be a bit picky: why did you put on 'a poll' then, and not just a thread? because the poll only shows you wanted to talk about the two 'groups' instead of individuals.
whatever.... blablabla along

toolsofthetrade said:
:ill: i'm happy not to have the mates in your example.
damn, if you'd been thru shit, and the only thing you wanna do is cry yer eyes out and rant about it to a mate, why do u need to suppress it?

...and society 'allowing' it. i think it also has to do with development in a way. when i was a kid, in that small, low-educated village, i couldnt express myself in tears, no absolutely not, i'd be :Smug: but now, if a mate (or me) wants to cry or to listen - fine by me, let it flow.
i like that attitude better, cos obviously, we passed the Stone Age by now havent we?
i agree. if you feel like it, you gotta do it, its no shame at all. i just wish people wouldnt be ashamed to act naturaly. its not only about crying. sometimes you're not even supposed to talk in a "emotional" way with some people, they might think you're not man enough or something, you know...

siderea said:
i understand now what you are saying, but if i may be a bit picky: why did you put on 'a poll' then, and not just a thread? because the poll only shows you wanted to talk about the two 'groups' instead of individuals.
whatever.... blablabla along
i'd say you're kinda right, the poll makes no point really, its not a yes or no absolute kind of thing. i've been posting lots of meanigless polls lately, somethings happening to me. just ignore all that. o_O

toolsofthetrade said:
...and society 'allowing' it. i think it also has to do with development in a way.
It's also about the way you've been brought up by your parents I guess. Two of my buddies (both being best friends from early childhood days) are exact opposites when it comes to showing their emotions. One of them doesn't seem to have any at all, he doesn't talk much, and he's got that motionless "poker face" :zzz: most of the time. You can only tell by reading his long mails how much there is going on inside of him. The other guy isn't afraid of being sentimental and emotional at all, and if he feels like crying (whether it's for joy or grief), he'll just do it...

snow2fall said:
It's also about the way you've been brought up by your parents I guess. Two of my buddies (both being best friends from early childhood days) are exact opposites when it comes to showing their emotions. One of them doesn't seem to have any at all, he doesn't talk much, and he's got that motionless "poker face" :zzz: most of the time. You can only tell by reading his long mails how much there is going on inside of him. The other guy isn't afraid of being sentimental and emotional at all, and if he feels like crying (whether it's for joy or grief), he'll just do it...
well, being an introvert doesnt mean you're stone-cold like. you just dont know what to think about these people. i dont express meself easilly either, especially towards strangers, i rarely talk a lot.

sol83 said:
well, being an introvert doesnt mean you're stone-cold like. you just dont know what to think about these people.
I didn't say he was stone-cold, you just can't tell from his face what he's thinking.
But again, it's nothing that'd be typical of males; I used to be like that too. As Tools said, it's a kind of personal development - learning to give expression to your thoughts and feelings, to just let yourself go.

there's this big fucking urge inside of me, wanting to develop - constantly.
i feel it all the time.
basically it scares the shit out of me so i smoke pot, a lot,
for quite a while now. but i hate stopping myself down.
how stupid is that? i cant figure it out, but one of these days :erk:

siderea said:

I disagree! Yes men can fake things sometime and i think the only reason for that is to get attention not because they can't handle it. I play action cricket, don't know if you guys know that, and when i play in a mixed team i.e 4 woman 4 men, i see so many times when a woman gets hit with a ball, not even hard, they go on as if it is the end of the world.Where as, with the men, when they get hit, much harder i must add, they just rub it off and go on. Men are like children, always looking for attention.

MetallicaSux said:
I disagree! Yes men can fake things sometime and i think the only reason for that is to get attention not because they can't handle it. I play action cricket, don't know if you guys know that, and when i play in a mixed team i.e 4 woman 4 men, i see so many times when a woman gets hit with a ball, not even hard, they go on as if it is the end of the world.Where as, with the men, when they get hit, much harder i must add, they just rub it off and go on. Men are like children, always looking for attention.

Maybe action golf ladies are a separate group :D