Shadows of my Face...

ledthrax

New Metal Member
Jun 7, 2005
Philly, PA
So I've got an mp3 of "Shadows of my Face" that I got a few years ago, but I can't seem to find an album that it is from besides the Metal Blade 20th anniversary album. Was this song ever on an Armored Saint album or was it a B-side to a single?

I think it's only found on that MB anniversary boxset, definitely not on any studio album. Not a single b-side either because there have never been any AS singles.:lol:

Good song anyhow! Definitely sounds like a demo but does anyone know of what time period exactly? I know the band had a lot of demo tapes from the time between Raising Fear and Symbol but this sounds more like Delirious Nomad -era, especially John's vocals.

I just found Shadows of my face here:

Edit: Oops, I just wanted to copy and paste the link, but embedded the youtube file (which is disabled). To listen to the song just click youtube above and the song will open at youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is also on the Symbol of Salvation box set that basically includes avery recorded unreleased song The Saint ever did. Some great unreleased material. If you are a fan, it should be in your collection. The interview by Brian Slagel about the making of the album is really good as well.

The news of a release in 2009 is the best news I have received in music in about 5 years.

I love The Saint. By far, my favorite group ever.

Yeah, my SOS boxset only has the demo versions of all the songs that actually made the album. Armored Thrax was probably thinking about Nod To The Old School which does have a lot of unreleased stuff from the Symbol sessions, not Shadows of my Face though.

It says a lot about the quality of SOS when tracks like Pirates and Shadows Of My Face aren't good enough to be included! :kickass: