Sound of White Noise VS. The Black Album

JohnThrax said:
Black Album by a mile. SOWN is a good record, but in NO WAY does it touch the Black Album in recorded metal perfection. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a clue

Thanks for the great laugh, I was having a shitty day but this post just let me laugh out loud for a few minutes

I guess I definetely don't have a clue then!

:tickled:

SOWN, no questions asked.:headbang: It was such a breakthough, although very unrecognized. The Black album is so commercial and overproduced. The only good song on it is Sad But True, which that album was, IMO.

There's certainly a bit of bias doing this thread in an Anthrax forum. I'm not as hard on the black album as everyone else is, I thought it was a pretty solid album, and I respected Metallica for making metal mainstream on their own terms (and then they lost all of that respect when they released Load of crap and Reload of crap).

That said, SOWN is probably my second favorite album of all-time behind Volume 8 (although the order periodically reverses itself depending on my mood), and turned me from a casual Anthrax listener to making Anthrax my favorite band. I still listen to SOWN regualrly; I probably haven't listened to the black album in 5 years or so...again, not that its a bad album, there's just other stuff out there I'd rather listen to.

In the end, no question: SOWN wins this one in a landslide

Don't like SOWN too much...... I don't really care for the Black Album too much these days either but I liked it alot when it ame out... So, I'll go with The Black Album..

I pick SOWN for many reasons. A few being;

1. I think the songwriting and arrangements were much stronger.

2. I think that putting out such a solid record after a major line up change says a lot about a band.

3. 1000 points of hate

4. I hate Lars.

Edward Yawn said:
Metallica's self-titled album is too dark, depressive and negative. Sound of Black Noise is definitely better.

Let's prey you never hear any My Dying Bride then...

JohnThrax said:
Black Album by a mile. SOWN is a good record, but in NO WAY does it touch the Black Album in recorded metal perfection. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a clue

being a big Anthrax fan yet I have to agree.

i love both records, the black album was metallica's last good record imo and sown is anthrax's best album with jb on vocals. i think i like them the same.