Stand-Up Comedy Thread

Ellen Degeneres is one of the worst comedians I've ever seen. If I wanted someone to point out boring observations I'd look for red, the bridge hobo.

Fond memories of Hedberg whilst arriving in MD!
Yeah, he helped lighten the mood for me. I always worry about things before I get settled on trips so I wasn't too happy, but he made me laugh.

To the guy who said that there were no good female comedians...
Ellen Degeneres is one of the best comedians I have ever seen.
werd, I'm a fan.

Naw eddie's comedy is wayyy more refined. It's like ellen just thought of whatever 10 mins before curtains open. Lame.
Just admit there are barely any good (or none) female comedians. If I would have to pick a good one it would be Lisa Lampanelli. More so because usually insult comics have to improvise on the spot to do their act.

. It's like ellen just thought of whatever 10 mins before curtains open. Lame.

Just admit there are barely any good (or none) female comedians. If I would have to pick a good one it would be Lisa Lampanelli. More so because usually insult comics have to improvise on the spot to do their act.

Riiiight... Do I even have to say anything here?

Lisa Lampanelli is almost as worse than Dane Cook. She is so fucking terrible.

I don't see that in Ellen's comedy, at all. I have this really strange feeling that you've never actually seen her stand-up, because you're arguments make no sense. Her comedy is extremely well thought out, and the rants she goes on and stories she makes up have to be carefully thought out. Hell, if she could think of all that on the fly, that makes her even better.

Also, another high quality comedian would be Zach Galifiankis. (spelled immensely wrong, but he's the guy who looks like fat Jesus.

I can't stand Ellen Degeneres. I've only seen her talk show but honestly I don't want to see anything else. She's annoying as hell, and if any of the stuff she says on her show indicates how good her stand-up is, then it sucks balls, ironically.

I can't stand Ellen Degeneres. I've only seen her talk show but honestly I don't want to see anything else. She's annoying as hell, and if any of the stuff she says on her show indicates how good her stand-up is, then it sucks balls, ironically.

hence mostly the reason why her stand-up is pretty bad. She is just an awkward fucking person.

Don't judge her off of her show... it's nothing like her stand up at all. Just go online somewhere and watch her "Taste This" special... it's obscenely hilarious.