STEMS. POST-HARDCORE. how many of you would mix it if i posted?!

ok so sorry i didn't think this through that well haha.

these stems start 1/8 note before 1

these stems start 24 bars later

tempo:150bpm changes to 125bpm at bar 123.

sorry that the DIs are a lil sloppy, i guess i slacked it on this one..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23040760/LOLniceSTEMS.zip

lemme know if i forgot anything!!

Doesn't make ANY sense...

The tempo track that comes with the midi has that the tempo change is at bar 136. So please explain what starts where and where is the tempo change OR better yet... Make everything start at the same point. Also what is the drum mapping?

edit: HOLY SHIT BATMAN those vocals on "sing harms L n R.L" are killing me :lol:

Doesn't make ANY sense...

The tempo track that comes with the midi has that the tempo change is at bar 136. So please explain what starts where and where is the tempo change OR better yet... Make everything start at the same point. Also what is the drum mapping?

edit: HOLY SHIT BATMAN those vocals on "sing harms L n R.L" are killing me :lol:

tempo change at 123 from one, i didn't realize the midi gave the tempo change, but the whole thing starts an 1/8th note before bar 13 (don't ask why, i just usually leave space at the beginning). so just use THAT tempo track i suppose? sorry i've never done this before, it was a learning experience lol. and yeah, idk why i was so lazy with this song, i was still a definite n00bie then. i mix those low anyway.

drum mapping i'm assuming you're asking what program? steven slate 3.5.

Okay, I _think_ I have everything in correct position. I pitch shifted the vocals a bit because some of the notes were just insane and also sang an additional third vocal harmony and mixed it down. I mixed it with headphones since it's like 1:30am here, so I will most likely re-mix and reamp it thru real amps tomorrow, but I think it turned out quite nice.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/lolnice_ahjteam_v01.mp3

thanks to everyone who does these!! AHJ i like the idea of the other harmonies but they're a lil loud i think! would love to hear a reamp!!

rancure what'd you use for bass/snare? i like it. but the screams are a little early, kinda weird. i like the guitars too :D

Yep I had some problems syncing the screams :/ for bass I just used TSE BOD but if you're talking about the bassdrum -> that would be Addictive Drums (22x18" Tama Starclassic) and the snare is Slate's Snare 11 A & Snare 10 :D

Yep I had some problems syncing the screams :/ for bass I just used TSE BOD but if you're talking about the bassdrum -> that would be Addictive Drums (22x18" Tama Starclassic) and the snare is Slate's Snare 11 A & Snare 10 :D

ah nice i used snare 11a on my version!!

hey cory sick track dude! im gonna attempt it, what mic did you use for the vocals? sounds nice and clean!

chain:
AKG C2000B > Presonus Digimax FS > Digidesign 002r. in an open bedroom with no attempt at acoustic treatment.

pretty not awesome lol but i love that mic!!

same for you, what'd you use for guitar / drums?! and did you add extra midi notes? its pretty sweet if you did! (guess) is that joey's truth black and gold bass/snare/toms?

everyone should post what they used, bc i am a curious person and i will end up asking you haha.

Good guess hahaha its truth black and gold blended with 12a and 60 percent superior black beauty and the toms are shoulder city!

Guitar was the bomber uber in podfarm

Thanks so much for posting these man <3

AHJ i like the idea of the other harmonies but they're a lil loud i think! would love to hear a reamp!!

I think you might just too used to hearing the original version ;) They are REALLY low in the mix (12dB and 15dB quieter than the other vocals). Anyway, I reamped the clip and since the tone clearly required some more faster transient responding amp, I used the Marshall Mode Four for the reamps. Not an earth shaking difference, but it's a different flavor and they are now more clear sounding in my opinion.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/lolnice_ahjteam_v02.mp3

on the clip below I tried to clean up the low end. I turned off the screen, turned highpass filter up and up and up on the guitar bus and when the low end started to sound nice and clear, I stopped. I mixed the bass below the kick so I ended up highpassing the kick at 70hz, snare at 185hz, guitars at 300hz(!), vocals at 450hz(!!), rest of the drum kit at 500hz(!!) and keys at 800hz(!!!). Since the mix is so dense and kick, bass and guitars were pretty tightly locked together, the low end on those individual element weren't audible enough to make any difference in the full mix, so why keep them there to clutter shit up, eh? at least I think the low end ended up sounding pretty huge, since there pretty much is almost nothing except the bass guitar below 150hz.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/lolnice_ahjteam_v03.mp3

If you wonder why I highpassed the guitars so high, you also have to remember that high pass filters aren't surgical, so when you set them at certain frequency, say 100hz, it doesn't mean that your guitars don't have 99hz anymore, or even 30hz. They are still there, just attenuated. This is how the bass and guitars relation ended up looking in the graph:

lolnice.png