SUSPYRE, ODIN’S COURT AND DARK EMPIRE JOIN FORCES FOR EAST COAST PROG METAL SHOWS

finally back online after my internet being out of commission since Saturday night... I had a shitload of fun, as did everyone else involved with Dark Empire! Yeah, Allentown sucked for reasons that have already been stated, but thats the nature of the music business right?

Hope to be doing more shows in the near future :headbang:

finally back online after my internet being out of commission since Saturday night... I had a shitload of fun, as did everyone else involved with Dark Empire! Yeah, Allentown sucked for reasons that have already been stated, but thats the nature of the music business right?

Hope to be doing more shows in the near future :headbang:
Dude, I sweat so much this weekend that I actually lost 5 lbs!!! Both rooms were hot, but Allentown was truly brutal since I was also helping every band get on and off (as you well know). But we made it happen and pulled things back into schedule by the end of the night! Its just a shame that the Croc Rock has such a garbage sound system! :mad:

All in all, I still had a blast! No use fretting over stuff totally out of our control. Besides, its in the past now!

My internet hasn't been out of commission, but life has been ultra crazy since we got back.

Ditto what Matt said! It was nice to see so many familiar faces this past weekend! I just wish there was more time to talk to everyone that I saw there! Its crazy how quickly these shows fly by!

:headbang::headbang:

I still cannot believe I drove my ass all the way up there to Allentown from Fredericksburg, VA :zombie:

Despite the shitty sound situation, I still had a blast at that show. Plus, I was actually pretty impressed at how well the bands were still able to pull off a good show, especially given what they were presented with. I am listening to the Dark Empire album right now - friggan totally kicking ass! And yes, it friggan ROCKS on my Klipsch setup! :headbang: So did that Cypher Seer album, that I listened to yesterday evening (and again on the way to/from work) In between I was also checking out the new Scar Symmtry album that I picked up at Best Buy on the way from work yesterday evening.

Made some new friends at that show as well as getting to see three bands that I've never seen play before. Of course, friggan Odin's Court kicks ass, especially for putting me up for the night at Rick's place that Saturday Night/Sunday Morning.

You guys do rock! :kickass:

Rick, at least you made some new fans and maybe enough money to break even or even put you in the plus?? Plus, how fun was getting stuck in NYC, ending up in Brooklyn, and then Karaoke Revolution at my house? LOL
Indeed! As far as breaking even, not quite, but a good chunk. :lol: Oh I LOVED sitting in line for the Lincoln Tunnel (after already going through the toll for the Holland Tunnel) for so long! Of course we got some good stories out of that. ;) Gotta love the GPS! I know how to avoid that in the future now! Yes, the sing-along around your piano with Savino making a very out-of-tune piano come to life and then Karaoke Revolution was defintiely fun. Thanks again for having us over, taking John & I to the local music store, the radio interview, and of course, booking the shows!!! :headbang:

I still cannot believe I drove my ass all the way up there to Allentown from Fredericksburg, VA :zombie:

Despite the shitty sound situation, I still had a blast at that show. Plus, I was actually pretty impressed at how well the bands were still able to pull off a good show, especially given what they were presented with. I am listening to the Dark Empire album right now - friggan totally kicking ass! And yes, it friggan ROCKS on my Klipsch setup! :headbang: So did that Cypher Seer album, that I listened to yesterday evening (and again on the way to/from work) In between I was also checking out the new Scar Symmtry album that I picked up at Best Buy on the way from work yesterday evening.

Made some new friends at that show as well as getting to see three bands that I've never seen play before. Of course, friggan Odin's Court kicks ass, especially for putting me up for the night at Rick's place that Saturday Night/Sunday Morning.

You guys do rock! :kickass:
Yeah, that is a bit crazy, but I believe it!! ;) Thanks again for coming all the way up there and showing your support for "local" music!

Thanks, I know everyone definitely tried to make the best of it. Based on the crowd response all night, I think everyone succeeded!

Steve, even a fart probably sounds awesome through your Klipsch system!

Cool! I'm glad that you had such a good time and got to see some bands that you've been wanting to see. Thanks dude, but you are more than welcome! I couldn't see you making that long drive all the way back down and since I mark a decent halfway point, it worked out.

:kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

I still cannot believe I drove my ass all the way up there to Allentown from Fredericksburg, VA

I still can't believe you did that. But then again, you did fly all the way out to San Francisco last year to see them at BARFest! :ill:

So can I now call you an official Odin's Court groupie? :lol:

I wish I had the luxury of doing that sort of thing... travelling on a whim to follow a band. But you know I'm "tied down" now and even going to Jaxx is an luxury. About the only time "you know who" lets me go to metal shows is for ProgPower.