The BEST Video Games Ever?

I can't believe there was only one who said World of Warcraft. To the post about diablo 2, there's so much more involved in wow than d2, although d2 was still great.

Another one of my fav's is Super Smash Brothers Brawl. So many options, weapons, characters and insanely dynamic levels made it one of the most fun games I've come across.

But yeah, hands down WoW is the most in-depth and damningly addictive games I've ever known.

Grim Fandango
Day of the Tentacle
Resident Evil 4
Starcraft
Soul Calibur 3
Lost Vikings(both games)
Fury of the Furries
King's Quest 6
The Heroes of Might and Magic series
Etherlords 2
The Burnout series
Sacrifice
Diablo series
Mystery Case Files series
Mafia
Persona 3
Dragon Quest VIII

The next Dragonquest for the DS looks awesome. Mostly because its going to be in real time. Turn based games just don't do it for me. I enjoy strategy in combat, but I enjoy thinking on my feet more than being given time.

I've only played the eigth game, because it's the only one on the PS2(I don't have any other consoles). I hope they'll make another DQ title, or port some of the previous ones to the Playstation I'd love to play them.

Greatest PC & console games ever (when I first played them), according to me:

- Doom & Doom II
- Quest for Glory I-V
- Baldur's Gate
- Airborne Ranger
- TwinBee
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Silent Hill
- Diablo II
- Return to Krondor
- Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Resident Evil 4
- SWAT 2 & 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog & Sonic 2
- General Chaos
- Vib-Ribbon

Well, the list could really go on and on...all such great games (chronologically relative, at least).

In no order:
Diablo II
Monkey Island 1, 3 and 4 (didn't like 2 for some reason...)
Elder Scrolls IV
KOTOR II
FFVII
The Movies
Grim Fandango
Day of the Tentacle
ToonStruck
Spore
MGS 1&2
SWAT 2
Blade Runner

The list would be even longer if I went into retro games, but I'm lazy

All of the people who said Oblivion should revise it to say with mods. The vanilla is just about the crappiest game I've played. None of the characters have enough to depth to keep from hitting rock bottom before you get your foot wet, the level-scaling makes everything pointless, the world is drab and boring, the graphics rely too much on bloom, the AI is stupid, etc., etc.

The huge modding community fixes just about all that though.

All of the people who said Oblivion should revise it to say with mods. The vanilla is just about the crappiest game I've played. None of the characters have enough to depth to keep from hitting rock bottom before you get your foot wet, the level-scaling makes everything pointless, the world is drab and boring, the graphics rely too much on bloom, the AI is stupid, etc., etc.

The huge modding community fixes just about all that though.

This.

The OOO (Obscure Oblivion Overhaul) made the game about twice as good as the original release.

Okay Y'all, I'm a serious hard core old skool gamer & I currently own about 7 different systems! But w/o any doubt, Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy VI (or III in the US on the SNES!) Simply because they both had awesome storylines & awesome gameplay & awesome characters! Metal Gear Solid-totally changed the way action adventure games were played! Vagrant story, for having one of the most bizarre & twisted storylines & having very innovative gameplay too! All the Ratchet & Clank games, imho the best Action/platformers PERIOD! Silent Hill for being THE ONLY game that could completely scare the living shit outta me! Two of my favorite not very well known RPG's-Shin Megami Tensei-Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, trust me, track em down & play em! They both kick ass! Castlevania, Legend Of Zelda, Persona 2-Eternal Punishment, 007 Goldeneye, way too many to name cause I own a shitload of Old Skool!!!:kickass::kickass:

elder scrolls 3 & 4
shenmue 1 & 2
need for speed (underground to carbon)
rock band
guitar hero 1,2 & 3
star wars battlefront 1 & 2
kotor 1 & 2
jade empire
star wars: the force unleashed
mercenaries
ninja gaiden 2
devil may cry 1,3 &4
fable
wolfenstein

I finally managed to get it running on DosBox (found a guide with step by step instructions). The sound is choppy sometimes, otherwise, it's great.