The Horror Movie thread

did even knew they were making another one

Last edited by a moderator:
You just about made my whole day, but then I realized it's just a fan made short film. Still, If it's well done I would be happy to watch the Predator kill some Knights.

You just about made my whole day, but then I realized it's just a fan made short film. Still, If it's well done I would be happy to watch the Predator kill some Knights.

didn't even knew people could do that, it is even on IMDB. But you're right, 25 mins only. Worth the try

So I was watching Grabbers, when suddenly... Przemysław Włodzimierz Wojciechowski

Damn polacks

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want justification for the 10,000,000 horror movie remakes, watch Unfriended. That's the original shit people are coming up with on their own. It's literally a movie about staring at your laptop screen.

Yeah but that was not a remake, it was a prequel made with love. The nice thing about being a prequel is that they had to keep the original style and setup for it to work. I think if it were a straight up remake it probably would have sucked because they would take liberties, change everything good and turn it into a lame, badly written modern shitfest.

So i just watched the Lazarus Effect because they added it on Netflix yesterday.

Its pretty okay, I enjoyed Zombie Olivia with Lich powers. Would bang and join her undead legion.

I agree with this entire list so much. I am so sick of movies trying to make children and dolls scary because of some kind of creep factor. I have never in my life found movies centered around creepy children to be even the tiniest bit interesting or scary. Ever. I avoid movies with the premise completely now because to me it's just super lazy horror. Come up with something interesting, throwing a kid on screen as some kind of villain is just a cheap way to avoid making something creative.

I never liked zombies either. They are probably my least favourite horror monster because they are not threatening and they are at the bottom of the monster food chain. I do enjoy a small handful of zombie movies but the zombies are not the reason for me enjoying them, I enjoy those movies because they are well made and have good pacing/story/characters. I like the Walking Dead because the zombies are more like background noise to a larger story (although I got bored of that a couple seasons ago).

The other things listed don't bug me as much but I still agree.

Oh and I would also add ghosts to this list. I might be in the minority there. They are slightly scarier than annoying kids, and have the potential to be cool, but 90% of the time it's just a really uninspired and lame story about some lady that died angry and now wants to make random creaking noises, write on walls (covered) and occasionally throw shit around. They rarely do anything worth watching. Boring as fuck.

I agree with this entire list so much. I am so sick of movies trying to make children and dolls scary because of some kind of creep factor. I have never in my life found movies centered around creepy children to be even the tiniest bit interesting or scary. Ever. I avoid movies with the premise completely now because to me it's just super lazy horror. Come up with something interesting, throwing a kid on screen as some kind of villain is just a cheap way to avoid making something creative.

I never liked zombies either. They are probably my least favourite horror monster because they are not threatening and they are at the bottom of the monster food chain. I do enjoy a small handful of zombie movies but the zombies are not the reason for me enjoying them, I enjoy those movies because they are well made and have good pacing/story/characters. I like the Walking Dead because the zombies are more like background noise to a larger story (although I got bored of that a couple seasons ago).

The other things listed don't bug me as much but I still agree.

Oh and I would also add ghosts to this list. I might be in the minority there. They are slightly scarier than annoying kids, and have the potential to be cool, but 90% of the time it's just a really uninspired and lame story about some lady that died angry and now wants to make random creaking noises, write on walls (covered) and occasionally throw shit around. They rarely do anything worth watching. Boring as fuck.

Yup, agreed. (There's an accompanying article for this video. I agree with his note on jump scares as well.)

While I personally enjoy The Omen and The Shining, kids and dolls are usually just obnoxious.

As for zombies, I've thoroughly enjoyed a total of...four works?: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and World War Z (the book, never saw the movie and don't plan on it). Everything else has ranged from serious disdain to mild amusement.

(Note: I'm not counting Shaun of the Dead or Zombieland, but those are both a lot of fun.)

I liked both Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland as well, they succeed because they don't take themselves seriously and are basically self-parody. The tongue in cheek humour keeps them fun to watch, so the zombie angle can't drag them down to mediocrity. If it's executed well, it works.

I have a rule for jumpscares.
3 of them and im done playing / watching unless the plot is worth it, if the game / movie failed to deliver some good plot before those 3 jumpscares, their loss.
Its the most retarded way to scare someone. My body is pumping adrenaline like crazy and im very jumpy, even if I know something will happen, even in fucking comedy I will jump no matter what.

I like zombies but for the same reason as Belac
I enjoy those movies because they are well made and have good pacing/story/characters.

As a kid I was scared of 2 things because of horrors and I still have those fears to these days, of course just this funny type of fear.
1. Supernatural things in forest, im tahnking Blair Witch Project for that. During summer we were always going to some camp in forest and there were always my other friends and we were watching this movie after nightfall.
It was pretty scary, especially when you had to go to the fucking bathroom through the forest and the bathroom was right next to the gate of the camp, so it was pretty damn scary. I was having chills down my spine even 10 years after we watched the movie in this place (yea, ive been there for 15 summers of my life lmao.)

2. Asian girls, with long black hair. Fuck them. I see one of them after midnight in a place im not comfortable with, im running away. Im not taking chances.

Different cultures and stuff but I work with guys from Laos and they are absolutely terrified of the thought of ghosts/spirits. One told me once "I don't care if it's the ghost of my mother, once she die... She not my friend no more"