The Opeth forum is one of the best

Deadlift

Oct 17, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
A lot of people always complaining about how bad this forum has gotten.

In this thread I will concentrate on the positive things about this forum and what i like about it.

First of I would like to say that this is one of the best music forums out there.
The reasons for this are as follow.

1. Activity

On Ultimate metal this is one of the most active forums. Viewed by many people. The amount of people in this forum is great. It’s always 2-6 people logged on in this forum.

2. The wide range

The wide range of people here is far bigger than in a hardcore death metal forum. This means that Opeth gathers both Death metal fans and Pink Floyd fans and so on. This creates a much more open-minded attitude to both music and factual matters such as religion etc. I would guess the range of age is from 15 to 50 also.

3. Political and religious status

Opeth aren’t a political or christian/satanic band and has never been. Neither do they go public saying very much about certain issues (like war etc). This makes this forum open for everybody and no one feels left out.

4. Image

They don’t have a certain image or corpse paint, masks etc. Makes them pretty normal. This will also make it easier for people on here to really concentrate on the music itself and not something else.

Things like the ones a mention above makes this to one of the best music forums out there.

So instead of beeing negative about everything i just wrote a few good words about this forum and the members.

:Spin:

I only post on 2 forums: Opeth and Symphony X. Let me tell you, the Symphony X one is boring as hell. They really need to find a way to make it better! This forum is great, cause it has at least 2 or 3 people on at all times and is constantly changing. People should make ideas. I like baked chicken.

I really like this forum, I think it's a really cool and well used outlet. I also post on the Katatonia forum (which isn't as lively, but has more active posting by band members), and the Devin Townsend forum (which is just DEAD). This one is the best :)

I used to occasionally look at it, but never bother posting as I was on way too many forums, now I post on ours, The Berzerker and of course this one, and between the 3 I spend way too much time.

But this place has a lot of cool people on it, and creative ones too, and a couple guys that think they know everything and have the only opinion that matters, but I'd say 90-99.9% of the people who still post here are spot on and how I always imagined Opeth fans would be.

Yeah.

And even though many people are complaining about all the "n00bs" that arrived at the release of Ghost Reveries, I think this forum has got better since.
It also may have to do with certain people starting the other forum....

I joined after Ghost Reveries was released, but I got into Opeth beforehand in 2005 and was only slightly disappointed in Ghost Reveries.
It just sounded too happy (still a great album, heck it's Opeth!).
I love this forum, but for some reason when I asked one question in the Amon Amarth forum I felt overwhelmed with love and warm welcomings from others.

wwallinga said:
Um... Group Hug?
gh.jpg