This is what I've learned so far....

This is great - I just ordered a 3-pack. I've always looked for some kind of earplugs at the stores that wouldn't just muffle everything, but I never thought to look online. Thanks for the tip!!

booB said:
Whatever, Punk! That place rocks! :) Plus this year we'll have a fridge/microwave in our room, so I don't have to leave behind half of my food... I can take it back and eat it the next day. LOL
Ohmygod. You are totally gonna die if you eat that food two days old. Don't say I didn't warn you.

nailz said:
You're from Phoenix? Cool. Me too. It tends to be slightly muggy when we go for Progpower, but nothing stifiling, especially considering the humidity we've had out here the past week or so.

I suspect that all that "dry heat" nonsense was started by someone at the Chamber of Commerce. :cool:

Good to hear that the heat/humidity factor won't be *too* bad in HotLanta...

J-Dubya 777 said:
Done.....1982 w/Kroukus & Iron Fist

J-Dubya - I still think Manowar sucks though! :heh:
What month was that show you went to? I saw Manowar once and I don't remember them being any louder than any other band but I guess they might have been :headbang:

Edit: I have never worn ear plugs to a concert. WHAT???????

Bad Girl Tess said:
What month was that show you went to? I saw Manowar once and I don't remember them being any louder than any other band but I guess they might have been :headbang:

Edit: I have never worn ear plugs to a concert. WHAT???????

Motorhead/Krokus/Fist would have been May/June of 1982 @ The Aragon Ballrom (Brawlroom) in Chicago. Would have been the Iron Fist tour for MH, One Vice AtA Time for Krokus, and I have no idea what Fist release they were touring for (didn't like them).
It's part of my whole post bad prom experience.... :heh:

I just find NOTHING good to say about Manowar. Anybody can be loud, and none of them strike me as being anything more than competant musicians.
They remind me of Kiss, with loin cloths, and not anywhere near as good of a show. Musically, they're on the same level, IMO....

As for not wearing ear plugs, you'll pay the price young lady! I started wearing them in my 20's after a couple REAL close calls (namely VH in 1980-1 and AC/DC in 1979...)

J-Dubya

J-Dubya

I hugely regret not wearing earplugs until just a couple years ago. I definitely have hearing loss. Take your chances if you wish, but you'll regret it!

On Manowar, saw 'em once. OK, kinda fun, better than staying home and watching TV.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Motorhead/Krokus/Fist would have been May/June of 1982 @ The Aragon Ballrom (Brawlroom) in Chicago. Would have been the Iron Fist tour for MH, One Vice AtA Time for Krokus, and I have no idea what Fist release they were touring for (didn't like them).
It's part of my whole post bad prom experience.... :heh:

I just find NOTHING good to say about Manowar. Anybody can be loud, and none of them strike me as being anything more than competant musicians.
They remind me of Kiss, with loin cloths, and not anywhere near as good of a show. Musically, they're on the same level, IMO....

As for not wearing ear plugs, you'll pay the price young lady! I started wearing them in my 20's after a couple REAL close calls (namely VH in 1980-1 and AC/DC in 1979...)

J-Dubya

J-Dubya
Awwww I wasn't even born yet! :)

AngraRULES said:
Come on, just stick pizza dough in your ears a few hours before the show. It works fine.

As we have discussed in other threads...there are many uses for pizza crust at PPUSA...it should be on the supply list of every attendee...

Rock on!

Bad Girl Tess said:
Starve yourself before ordering food from the 24 hour Chinese place :puke:

Hmm, I've never had a problem with them. (Chinese Buddha, for youse newbies.) They've been a frequent post-WREKage destination for us deejays for years.

Two years ago at PP we ordered for ten people and picked it up at the restaurant and had NO problems whatsoever; everything was perfect and nothing was missing.

Besides, Jackie Chan is the waiter! --And I do mean "the" waiter, as in the one waiter at night..... Service can be a bit slow at the restaurant at night if they're really busy, which is a big reason why we went to pick it up.

There's something.......almost magical....about eating a late Chinese meal next to Rage, or Conception. Walking up to the restaurant last year and seeing a guy sitting on the curb outside-- "Hey, that looks like Roy Khan...wow, it is Roy Khan!"