US tour?

voodoo

A little left of heaven
Jan 18, 2006
Frederick, MD
www.livingformetal.com
Any information on the US tour? The band site shows a gig in Springfield VA (Jaxx) an September 16, yet the venue does not have it listed. I contacted the venue about it and they have no confirmation yet.

I'd really like to see Persuader live, and Jaxx is an excellent venue. Hopefully something will be worked out soon.

I think it was a good idea to cancel, even though I would have LOVED to see them. They really need to get an opening slot on a killer metal tour, before even attempting a headliner. I met Jens and Emil when they played ProgPower with Savage Circus (I was one of their sponsors), so I am dying to see the guys play their normal material, and have a beer or two again with them.

Maybe someday.

At one point I believe a Philly date was announced for September 16, and then our group would have gone to Edguy the next day.

It would have made for a very epic weekend :(

I know this might not sit well with everyone but perhaps they could try enter Ozzfest on 2nd stage. Fuck it would be better to have em headline but im not gonna hold my breath on the promoters there.

Pros: Go all around the States, some of Europe, and now Australia

Cons: Its ozzfest, promoters are shoddy, and you will be sharing the stage with some rather mediocre bands that may get more attention just because the US doesn't know what good metal is.

I know Europe loves you guys so at least half of the tour would be a guaranteed
crowd pleasing orgy.

Actually i was supporting Dark Empire to go since DE was at madfest and the hook, but persuader would be badass.

I know this might not sit well with everyone but perhaps they could try enter Ozzfest on 2nd stage. Fuck it would be better to have em headline but im not gonna hold my breath on the promoters there.

Pros: Go all around the States, some of Europe, and now Australia

Cons: Its ozzfest, promoters are shoddy, and you will be sharing the stage with some rather mediocre bands that may get more attention just because the US doesn't know what good metal is.

I know Europe loves you guys so at least half of the tour would be a guaranteed
crowd pleasing orgy.

Actually i was supporting Dark Empire to go since DE was at madfest and the hook, but persuader would be badass.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Too bad those kids don't know the first thing about Persuader

Im from Michigan and ive been slowly but surely developing a fanbase.
Im working on it. Ive been hitting the ozzfest forum.
Mostly ive been promoting Dark Empire, but then I remembered Persuader didn't get their US tour and from speculations here it was because of pre-impact on the States.

Hell it worked for Lordi, so why not Persuader?

Ozzfest.com ppl. I have the same name on it as is in this forum.

So far I made a full bio on Dark Empire with at least a couple ppl who know of them or have been converted.
Persuader can and should do the same.

yes but the pros could be better than the cons.

another option would be to support Testament when they release their new album

thats is if Testament doesn't go to ozzfest, I kind of doubt it but i would wet myself if they did.

As much as Persuader would benefit from playing Ozzfest I would have mixed feelings as a fan. I hate that fest and most of the bands associated with it. I could rant more but I will leave it at that. But Jasonic is right. I don't perceive Dockyard to have that kind of budget.

Now, a Testament tour would be more feasible AND kick ass. I would definitely buy a plane ticket for that without question. Also I think a lot of Testament fans would dig them.

Like i said i knew this wouldn't sit well with every1, hell it doesn't really sit well with me. I was hoping that if enough good bands would come out of the woodwork ozzfest would be good.
Unfortunatly its more well known then progpower and that and madfest stay where they are. Meaning I miss out.:cry:

But yea Persuader should support testaments new release tour.

In the ozzfest forums currently a total of 11 ppl have given their input except me since i made the topic and love all 3 bands with a passion.

Dark Empire has 5 votes
Persuader and Savage Circus have 3 each.

Its still going on and its bound to change.

Detroit is or was labled the music capital of the world.
every genre has a huge following there.

Not to mention we have DTE, Freedom Hill, The Majestic, and most importantly Harpos.

Harpos is the only true metal venue but the other ones pick up some good stuff.

lol there are at least to metal concerts happening on my b-day.

exodus
or Black Dalhla Murder with 3 inches of blood and 2 other bands ive never heard of.