Video Games Thread

Thorns On My Grave

I Am Vengeance
Mar 20, 2006
Alameda, California
Since metal and gamers are symbiotic, this is the thread to talk about games. This forum needs more activity, and this will certainly help, plus it will be cool to see if the Pyradudes are Pyranerds too.

So I am a big RPG fan, and I just got my PSP. I'm playing Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, a bitchin game that lets you take control of the legendary Valkyrie to go to earth and acquire souls for Odin and the last battle when Ragnarok comes.
If that isn't metal, I do not know what is.

EXCELLENT GAME!

Any RPG fan must pick up this classic.

I enjoy pwning n00bs in warcraft 3 as you all know, but I also like mario kart, resident evil 4 (which I have beaten 10 times), and of course the halo series. :puke:

If i had more time id play my Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors games.
RPG: FFVII, greatest game of all time. no exceptions.
1st person shooter: Black, Halo, Gears of War (if i had a 360)
3rd person shooter: Star Wars Battlefront I & II.

unfortunately, i don't have the time anymore.:cry:

Oh geeze, let me make a list...

First big-time game i got into alot was Ultima Online, holy ish that games freaking awesome.

then after that its pretty much been First Person shooters, and a few rpgs here and there...
after Ultima Online:

Unreal Tournament
A mass of unreal tournament mods (about 1-2 yrs of this)
Final Fantasy XI
CounterStrike Source (been playing a LONG time now)
and just recently picked up Call of Duty 4, i think this will be my new addiction..

I dont play as much as i use to this time a year ago though, I'm now in music school and working, so its pretty difficult to keep up on many RPGs and the like, but i've played quite alot of strategy and rpg games back in the day.

yeh, games are pretty much awesome.

Hugh RPG / Shooter Fan ...

- PC :
Shooter :
Fear
Unreal tournament
Serious Sam 2 ( this just kicks ass :lol:)

Rpg : ( oh boy ... )

Baldurs gate 1 + Tales of the swordcoast
Baldurs gate 2 + Throne of Baal ( absolute best ever )
Neverwinter nights 1 + hordes of the underdark + shadows of undertine
Icewind dale 1 + trial of the luremaster + heart of winter
Icewind dale 2
Neverwinter nights 2
Jade Empire

-Xbox
Shooter:
Halo 1
Halo 2

RPG:
Knights of the old republic I
Knights of the old republic 2

- XBOX 360
Shooter :
Ghost recon advanced warfighter
Gears of War
Call of duty 3
Halo 3
Lost planet
Bioschock

RPG:
Enchanted Arms
Dynasty warriors 5 Empires

These were all played over a period bout give or take 7 years ; since i'm in university ( well not really a university but don't know the best transulation :lol: ) and am busy with my GF, gaming time is going down, but when I do play
it's usually assasin's creed ; mass effect on XBOX 360 ^^

Enjoy :lol:

I am going all retro lately...on my nintendo wii I've been playing Castlevania 1,2, and Super Castlevania 4... (nice soundtracks on them)

Some weeks ago I found Fallout in some discount shop...so I'm all into the 'Post nuclear role playing game' on my pc now :headbang:

I am going all retro lately...on my nintendo wii I've been playing Castlevania 1,2, and Super Castlevania 4... (nice soundtracks on them)

Some weeks ago I found Fallout in some discount shop...so I'm all into the 'Post nuclear role playing game' on my pc now :headbang:

I forgot about fallout X-D ; they are a making a new one for its anniversary or so I hear :lol:

oh man, you gotta hear my cover of the castlevania clock tower theme!

Right now I'm playing Assassins Creed on my 360 and Super Mario Galaxy on my Wii(AWSOME AWSOME GAME. I guess I'm still a little kid at heart :p). I'm definitely going to download Super Castlevania 4 onto my Wii sometime in the near future. I LOVED that game when I was younger, plus as was already pointed out the soundtrack for that game kicks ass. I also need to give a mention to Rallisport Challenge 2 for the Xbox. I got that game over 3 years ago on the day it came out and I still play it regularly. Best racing game EVER!!!!

Super Mario Galaxy is utterly awesome, the first game for the Wii I think is of real, true quality.

I am SO addicted to it, and I don't even own a Wii. I was playing it in EBgames for like three hours. It's replay value is infinite, although I still play mario 3, so that's no surprise.

Assassin's Creed is dope, but not as dope as the hype made it out to be. That's the risk when you hype a game too much ::cough cough:: HALO ::cough cough::

Super Mario Galaxy is utterly awesome, the first game for the Wii I think is of real, true quality.

I am SO addicted to it, and I don't even own a Wii. I was playing it in EBgames for like three hours. It's replay value is infinite, although I still play mario 3, so that's no surprise.

Assassin's Creed is dope, but not as dope as the hype made it out to be. That's the risk when you hype a game too much ::cough cough:: HALO ::cough cough::

assasins creed looks awesome has great gameplay and a good story, but the missions are repetitive ... if you play it you'll know what I mean X-D

I know, I have played it. That's what I mean. It looks pretty sick, even plays sick, but in the end, it is not as it was hyped up to be.

Just a VERY pretty God of War, Prince of Persia, advanced hack'n'slash platformer

Rocking to Castlevania clocktower theme by Jonah :headbang:

This type of stuff suites very well to metal. One good metal band should pick this stuff up some day and make a whole album of this stuff, but with vocals...that would kick some serious ass

Haha, call me a fanboy if you want, but I bought The Matrix: Path of Neo for the PC for 2€, and it slays! Okay, the textures are kinda bad and the game causes bad framerates even at low setting, but who cares about stuff like that when you get to smash an agent in the head with a metal pole \,,/! The character movements are smooth, and the controls are nearly perfect. I mean cmon, two attack buttons, dodge, jump, and focus (slow time etc.) --> 600 moves and combinations. I think that's pretty impressive. The fact that you get to play all the main events in the real storyline just makes all of it better.

I'm also regularly playing WoW, I just have to get to lvl70, otherwise me buying Burning Crusade was a total waste. But then again comes Wrath of the Lich King, it looks like I'm gonna be playing forever =D. I don't mind though, it's still fun, especially now that all the areas are new to me ( I never got past lvl52 on my first character >_>).

Hah hah... I played PON... yeah it kinda sucked but it had it's ups.

I've never been into the MMORPGs, I played everquest for a couple years and that's about all I can take for my lifetime.

Haha, yeah, I agree that PON isn't overall any good, but everything is forgotten the first time you can combo 4 bad guys into oblivion <3.

And about MMORPGs, I had a lot of good friends playing with me, so that made a huge difference. Now I play WoW because I absolutely adore the lore, and because all of it feels so alive and meaningful.