Went to that Justin Beiber/Adam Lambert show last night...

DaveBlack

Apr 7, 2009
Few weeks ago I made a thread that my girl won tickets off the radio for this pop music fest and being the good guy I am, I accepted the invite. Man, it was definitely an experience lol. Each artist played about 5 songs each but Lambert and Beiber had full sets.

Selena Gomez - too cute for her own good. She actually did pretty well but wasn't impressed overall. I honestly couldn't tell if her band was actually playing or not.

Flo Rida - Horrible in every way possible. He took Bruno Mars' place which sucked cuz I was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Train - The guys who sang that Drops of Jupiter and that new song with the ukulele that they ripped off alicia keys - They weren't horrible but I'm not a fan so I really wasn't feeling the performance.

Charice - This is that phillipino girl who was like a powerhouse vocalist at 15. She's been on Glee, sang with Celine Dion. But honestly, I expected a lot more from her. Granted she broke her leg or something and came out on crutches, doing the whole set on a stool. So maybe she wasn't into it lol.

Adam Lambert - This is the only reason I wanted to go to the show. I don't hesitate when I say that this dude slays the competition. 99% of even the best of these power metal vocalists can take a lesson from this guy. Not one sour note and a range 50 miles wide. Its insulting as a fan and a musician that this guy had to precede Justin Beiber.

Beiber - I had to stick around and see the what felt like the second coming of christ. I have never in my life felt my ear drums vibrate at such high frequencies. I thought these girls were gonna pass out, tons of em around me are crying, fanning themselves, screaming their fucking lungs out. It was insane. I only stayed for two songs but he had some choreographed dance/fight scene and went to do some ninja kick and fell flat on his ass lol. They kept fucking up his backing tracks and then they showed the trailer for his upcoming 3D film - The story of Justin Beiber lol. I at least expected the kid to sing a little bit but nah, it was full on lip syncing the whole time.

Sorry for the long post. I enjoy shows and performances. I would go see the gayest of the gay if it's a good show but I expected much more. It's a good thing we didn't actually pay the $250 bucks that the tickets we're really worth.

I would go see the gayest of the gay if it's a good show

I think you just did :)

Seriously though - I agree with the sentiment as a good show is a good show no matter what, shame it was not better however.

I think you just did :)

hahaha, I know right? If anything I was expecting a more elaborate stage set up but that was even weak. The kid probably couldve just came out their and stood in the same spot while his music played and the girls wouldve been going nuts.

I was surprised how many chicks were there that were completely slutted out. I actually saw more girls my age (26) then preteen/teenage girls - well at least they look my age lol, you know how men are.

My girlfriend always says "how old do you think that girl is?" and even when I low ball, she still says im off by like 5 or 6 years hahaha.

It was funny though, cuz it reminded me of that picture of the Rush concert where the womens bathroom was completely empty. Except in reverse.

The only way I can EVER stand Beiber:

I agree about Adam Lambert tho -- his vocals are amazing. Too bad he's flaming gay and doesn't put those chords to good use in a power metal band or replacing The Darkness singer and getting them back together. "Music Again" is a mirror image of a Darkness tune. At least his music has guitar in it, so I can't bitch too much I guess.

Edit: Someone should take this 800% slower Beiber track and make some ambient metal out of it or something. 100% serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geezus, that Lambert guy could give me $500K and I'd still hate him because of the way he looks and dresses.
I hate it when people continue to perpetuate that gay stereotype.
I've some gay dudes and they've just been really normal, really chill guys and people like this Lambert guy just make it harder for them to be accepted.
The dude should ditch the ridiculous image and just join a metal band, or better yet, replace James La Brie if he's as good as you as say he is.

Geezus, that Lambert guy could give me $500K and I'd still hate him because of the way he looks and dresses.
I hate it when people continue to perpetuate that gay stereotype.
I've done some gay dudes and they've just been really normal, really chill guys and people like this Lambert guy just make it harder for them to be accepted.
The dude should ditch the ridiculous image and just join a metal band, or better yet, replace James La Brie if he's as good as you as say he is.

fixed. :lol: hahahahaha j/k

OT: I agree. Look at Halford. He's metal as fuck and likes it up the ass and no one cares. haha

whoa, I wasnt expecting all these replies. Had like 70 views yesterday and one reply.

As far as Lambert goes, he's been touring like crazy so he's even better now than he was on American Idol. Just cuz he's capable of doing metal, doesn't mean he should haha. He's probably making way more now than he would with any metal band.

And as far as gay guy go, I've been friends with a few gay guys for a long time and I wouldn't necessarily say they're consciously aware that they're perpetuating any stereotypes. Alot of them are just flamboyant and confident about who they are. Cant fault them for that ya know?

And besides, he didn't look any worse than the lead singer of My Chemical Romance or some band like that.

And as far as gay guy go, I've been friends with a few gay guys for a long time and I wouldn't necessarily say they're consciously aware that they're perpetuating any stereotypes. Alot of them are just flamboyant and confident about who they are. Cant fault them for that ya know?

This ^^^

My wife and I have several gay friends - one of the people that got us together that very first night we meet was her best friend in the entire world, and a gay male - her BGMFF or whatever they would call it now :)

He and his partner are the two opposite sides of the gay persona, one as flamboyant as they come and the other you would never know he was gay regardless how long you hung around with him. The flamboyant one became even more flamboyant after he found his partner and felt comfortable in expressing what he would consider his feminine side.

Just an observation, as always mileage may vary.