What would you think about TestAmenT and Nuclear Assault touring together?

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD

BRINGER OF TORTURE
May 20, 2002
Rhode Island, USA
Visit site
I was just thinking that both of these monster old school bands will most likely be releasing new albums early/mid 2004.
So why not hook up and do a North Amercian tour together?

They could co-headline with TestAmenT going on last.
NO other bands on the tour! (just 1 or 2 locals from each city)
What does everyone think? Personally, I think it would rule!:headbang:

It would surely kill! They did tour together this year, but a two-band tour is something different than a whole touring festival. Personally, I would prefer TestAmenT to tour with some other bands (like Overkill or Slayer), but NA is just slightly behind my favourites and therefore- one of the best possible co-headliners, IMO.

i dont know about co-headlining...no disrespect to nuclear assault but they're really not in the same league as testament.
id rather see exodus or death angel packaged with testament.
the haunted too!

I like NA , but I would rather see another Thrash band co-headline. Exodus maybe since their new cd will be out by then. That would rule. Either that or a Swedish metal band would be cool too.

I'd vastly prefer a co-headliner with Overkill, but NA opening might work...my pick for the ultimate thrash tour would go like:

Testament/Overkill co-headlining
Exodus
Death Angel
Nuclear Assault

Out of those five, the Bay Area three are the most likely, since they're releasing albums around the same time (in theory). That would be a great tour on its own.

dont know about co-headlining...no disrespect to nuclear assault but they're really not in the same league as testament.

Of course they are shit for brains!! If they arent its because they never relcorded any weak, faggy ballads! I dont want to disrespect TestAmenT on their own board but the first 4 Nuke albums blow away every TestAmenT album, aside from maybe The Legacy!
I said co-headline because TestAmenT are more popular, but Nuke RIPS!!!!

id rather see exodus or death angel packaged with testament.
the haunted too!

NUCLEAR ASSAULT blows away all of these bands!!!

Wait until the new album comes out and you'll all be won over by the deadly thrash attack of NUCLEAR ASSAULT!!!!!

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD said:
the first 4 Nuke albums blow away every TestAmenT album, aside from maybe The Legacy!
I totally disagree with that and really doubt if many people share your opinion. A band, whose albums blow away every TestAmenT album, does not exist. And even if such band existed, it wouldn't sound like NA. Nuclear Assault are OK, even good, but they simply blow by all means compared to the weakest testament record! They aren't half as skilled or inventive as The Metal Gods. And TestAmenT's ballads are neither weak, nor faggy, but great masterpieces and it's Nuclear Assault who recorded some weak and faggy songs. TestAmenT has a better singer, riffs, solos, bass player (I admire Danny, but Steve is the best bass player in the world), drumming and they write better songs, what do you need more? I understand that you can't have a different 'taste', but coming to a testament board and saying they suck, compared to some East Coast band, whose singer sounds like a little girl live (sometimes) is ridiculous, IMO.
As for NA being better than the other three bands, I can only agree with The Haunted. I think both DA and Exodus are far superior. Just my opinion and no disrespect meant to you, HUNGER.

A Nuke/Testament co-headline tour would be cool.But whats the possibility of this happening here in the yo yo yo Rap/Nu-Metal USA?Unfortunatley old school Thrash is out and Rap and Nu-Metal are in.Lets face it,Testament and Nuke arnt popular enough to make any $$$ touring together.

Dude, just send out Testament and MH on a co-headlining tour with Death Angel opening.

Or just have Testament and MH, and rotating who closes the show every night. That way each band can do a long set....

Of course they are shit for brains!! If they arent its because they never relcorded any weak, faggy ballads! I dont want to disrespect TestAmenT on their own board but the first 4 Nuke albums blow away every TestAmenT album, aside from maybe The Legacy!

Wait until the new album comes out and you'll all be won over by the deadly thrash attack of NUCLEAR ASSAULT!!!!!

I aint gonna get into no verbal war over this and arguing over a personal opinion is pointless.
but i gotta point out that if you think testament has garnered more recognition then nuclear assault because they did a few ballads, you are the one with shit for brains!!!

Why oh Why HUTU do you continue to do this to yourself? Some of your posts are relativley cool...but most of them crack me up. You're that guy that has this old school attitude that just kills me. Every time someone posts a poll about what the best album by any band is you instinctively pick their first one...and state that you were standing in line at the local record store the day it came out (at midnight). As a matter of fact you were probably the first one to own the album...damn you're old school!

Calling someone "shit for brains" because their opinion differs from yours is pretty rediculous...and as far as NA having better albums than Testament...ummmm....yea...there's not much that can be said about that but...NOT!

NA blows away Death Angel????? OMG!!! That's hillarious!!!!!:lol:

^ I wouldn't mess with her man, she'll give you the whuppin' of a lifetime.......

As for In Flames..... I dunno. Have you heard a band called Raise Hell? They're good, and they're heavier than IF.

You're that guy that has this old school attitude that just kills me. Every time someone posts a poll about what the best album by any band is you instinctively pick their first one

Um, not even close bro! Hahahhaa!!! Where do you get this shit from??? Because I said THE LEGACY is the best TestAmenT record ever??? I cant help that!

Here's a few examples:
My favs:
Kreator - Terrible Certainty (3rd album)
Sodom - M-16 (umpteenth release)
Metallica - Master of Puppets (3rd album)
Megadeth - Rust in Peace (4th album)
Possessed - Beyond the Gates (2nd album)
Death - Leprosy (2nd album)
Destruction - (Infernal Overkill (2nd release)
Sepultura - Arise (4th release)
Dark Angel - Darnkess Descends (2nd album)
Slayer - Reign in Blood - (4th release)
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form - (2nd album)
Is this enough? Or do you want more? LOL

and state that you were standing in line at the local record store the day it came out (at midnight). As a matter of fact you were probably the first one to own the album...damn you're old school!

In many instances yes when I was young, I would call the local mom and pop store and find out exactly when shit was coming out, especially for certain bands like Exodus, Possessed and Nuclear Assault.
So what? Im sorry if you werent fortunate enough to be here for the glory days, but thats neither mine nor your own fault.

Calling someone "shit for brains" because their opinion differs from yours is pretty rediculous

When someone tells me that TestAmenT and Nuke are NOT in the same category I have to laugh pretty hard, because they are both old school thrash metal bands.

and as far as NA having better albums than Testament...ummmm....yea...there's not much that can be said about that but...NOT!

Well thats your opinion, in MINE, Game Over, The Plague, Survive and Handle With Care, KILL every TestAmenT album aside from The Legacy.

NA blows away Death Angel????? OMG!!! That's hillarious!!!!!

I see nothing special about Death Angel, never have, probably never will.

A Nuke/Testament co-headline tour would be cool.But whats the possibility of this happening here in the yo yo yo Rap/Nu-Metal USA?

Whats worse is people right here IN the metal community who dont even care, so why should it happen? Youre right, peoples attitudes suck.
What will probably happen is TestAmenT will end up opening for some new lame ass metal band.

i gotta point out that if you think testament has garnered more recognition then nuclear assault because they did a few ballads, you are the one with shit for brains!!!

A few ballads, not too mention Nuke are MUCH MORE BRUTAL!!! TestAmenT are easily accepted by traditional heavy metal fans as well as thrash fans.

A band, whose albums blow away every TestAmenT album, does not exist.

Man there are MANY, but Im not about to sit here on a TestAmenT website and discuss it, that just wouldnt be right. Care to discuss it elsewhere, thats fine. I'm still a TestAmenT fan, always have been, probably always will be!

I totally disagree with that and really doubt if many people share your opinion.

Here? Youre 100%, but elsewhere youd be VERY surprised bro!

A band, whose albums blow away every TestAmenT album does not exist. And even if such band existed, it wouldn't sound like NA. Nuclear Assault are OK, even good, but they simply blow by all means compared to the weakest testament record! They aren't half as skilled or inventive as The Metal Gods. And TestAmenT's ballads are neither weak, nor faggy, but great masterpieces

I dont like weak ballads, I like brutal SPEED and THRASH metal!

and it's Nuclear Assault who recorded some weak and faggy songs.

Not between 86-89 they didnt. Maybe some of the shit on Out of Order and Something Wicked was gay, but not the classic shit!

TestAmenT has a better singer

TestAmenT has the BEST singer. Ill give ya that!Although Chuck cant hit his classic high notes anymore and John's voice hasnt changed a bit!

riffs, solos, bass player (I admire Danny, but Steve is the best bass player in the world)

You might want to re listen to some old Nuclear Assault bro!! Steve Harris is the best bass player but Steve DiGiorgio is the best there is in this genre, true!

I disagree 100%, aside from Gene Hoglan who only recorded one album Glenn Evans blows the others away! Man that guy is sick as FUCK!!
Shit, aside from Gene and Dave Lombardo no one touches Glenn Evans!!!!!!

and they write better songs

I dont agree bro, but thats cool.

what do you need more?

Apparently LOL

I understand that you can't have a different 'taste', but coming to a testament board and saying they suck, compared to some East Coast band, whose singer sounds like a little girl live (sometimes) is ridiculous, IMO.

I NEVER said TestAmenT sucked!!!! and what does the coast have to do with anything?? All that "high and mighty bay area" attitude sucks! I hear it all the time.
John sounding like a girl LOL
I guess you dont like Violence much either? Sean had a similar style of singing.

As for NA being better than the other three bands, I can only agree with The Haunted. I think both DA and Exodus are far superior. Just my opinion and no disrespect meant to you, HUNGER.

Atleast we agree on the haunted LOL
No disrespect taken bro, hope you feel the same!!

Everyone take note of how CONSTRUCTIVE and not DESTRUCTIVE arguing works!

To cut off the whole "numetal opening slot" thing before it happens, I talked to Billy Steel (local metal DJ, for those of you who don't know) on Friday, and he's been told that Testament was offered a support slot for the upcoming Judas Priest world tour. I think that's something we can all be happy with...

One thing to Hunger...I assume you've heard Death Angel's "The Ultra Violence;" might wanna give that album another listen if you think there's nothing special about them. Just a thought.

Pyrus said:
To cut off the whole "numetal opening slot" thing before it happens, I talked to Billy Steel (local metal DJ, for those of you who don't know) on Friday, and he's been told that Testament was offered a support slot for the upcoming Judas Priest world tour. I think that's something we can all be happy with...

One thing to Hunger...I assume you've heard Death Angel's "The Ultra Violence;" might wanna give that album another listen if you think there's nothing special about them. Just a thought.

Oh yeah!!!! Last time Testament hooked up with Halford the fuckin tour was cancelled!!!!! Testament need to release a new album.And not wait til 2004 to do it!!!!!!!