Wich Summer Festivals 2011 are you going??

Mar 5, 2009
Switzerland
www.facebook.com
While the northern hemisphere is getting warmer and warmer and warmer.... The winter-tourschedules of your favourites are coming to an end. Maybe a single show or two of some local newbie.

And slowly you start thinking about the big tickets in your drawer. Your friends are telling stories from last year...

People of this Forum, The Festival Season Is Knocking At Your Door!!!!

So tell me:

Wich Summer Festival 2011 Are You Going??????????

The Firewind 2011 Festival Dates

Jun 19 HELLFEST OPEN AIR France
Jun 25 Graspop Metal Meeting Belgium
Jul 01 Basinfirefest Czech Republic
Jul 06 2310 Festival Greece
Jul 08 Sonisphere Festival United Kingdom

Gus on Tour with Ozzy (some Summer Festival Dates here)
9 Jun Finland Tampere Areena
11 Jun Sweden Rock Festival
13 Jun Oberhausen, Germany König Pilsener Arena
15 Jun Munich, Germany Olympiahalle München
17 Jun Luxembourg Rockhal - Main Hall
19 Jun Clisson, France HELLYEAH
23 Jun Vitoria, Spain Azkena Rock
4 Aug Wacken, Germany
6 Aug Kristiansand, Norway
9 Aug Gdańsk Sopot Ergo Arena

People, please post any bands you gonna listen to on the festivals, because maybe someone decides to go there with you because of his second favourite band! You never know?! :)

I am definately Going to Wacken again.
Gonna see my all time Fav's Iced Earth one last time with Matt Barlow on vocals. See Judas Priest one last time and see Gus the first time with Ozzy.
:)

Graspop would be awsome to go also.. Anyone going???

The Firewind 2011 Festival Dates

Jun 19 HELLFEST OPEN AIR France
Jun 25 Graspop Metal Meeting Belgium
Jul 01 Basinfirefest Czech Republic
Jul 06 2310 Festival Greece
Jul 08 Sonisphere Festival United Kingdom

Gus on Tour with Ozzy (some Summer Festival Dates here)
9 Jun Finland Tampere Areena
11 Jun Sweden Rock Festival
13 Jun Oberhausen, Germany König Pilsener Arena
15 Jun Munich, Germany Olympiahalle München
17 Jun Luxembourg Rockhal - Main Hall
19 Jun Clisson, France HELLYEAH
23 Jun Vitoria, Spain Azkena Rock
4 Aug Wacken, Germany
6 Aug Kristiansand, Norway
9 Aug Gdańsk Sopot Ergo Arena

People, please post any bands you gonna listen to on the festivals, because maybe someone decides to go there with you because of his second favourite band! You never know?! :)

I am definately Going to Wacken again.
Gonna see my all time Fav's Iced Earth one last time with Matt Barlow on vocals. See Judas Priest one last time and see Gus the first time with Ozzy.
:)

Graspop would be awsome to go also.. Anyone going???

I'm defenetly going to graspop i wouldn't miss that for the world Firewind, Arch Enemy, Opeh, The Scorpions, Ozzy, judas Priest, Korn, monster Magnet, Slipknot, Rob zombie, Cavelera conspiracy, a 'few" of my fav bandson one festival. I'm also going to wacken and sonisphere UK and maybe some other festivalsdoes anybody know if bloodstock is something good this year?

I'm defenetly going to graspop i wouldn't miss that for the world Firewind, Arch Enemy, Opeh, The Scorpions, Ozzy, judas Priest, Korn, monster Magnet, Slipknot, Rob zombie, Cavelera conspiracy, a 'few" of my fav bandson one festival. I'm also going to wacken and sonisphere UK and maybe some other festivalsdoes anybody know if bloodstock is something good this year?

So far Bloodstock looks absolutely rubbish :(

so.. Festival Summer is over.
Any stuff you want to share?

I was at Wacken and it was like every year huge. I even saw the guy that makes the Ozzy Web episodes and let him film a statement for gus, but fuck it was during the Helloween show and the audio was too bad so he didn't use it in the Wacken episode.
Gus G played that evening with Ozzy. FUCK YEAH our hero really knows how to play the fucking guitar. He ripped a 10 minute solo infront of all those people that were just gazing at him. I knew what the deal was and I'm pretty sure there were a lot of older metal heads stunned with surprize of how good this new Ozzy guitarist is. ^^

I saw Iced Earth's last show with Matt Barlow. That was a moving moment when he said goodbye to the fans.
Oh and of course Judas Priest was a great show. They played for 2.5 hours.
If one of you guys ever decides to go to Wacken, be prepared: Food is priced 5 Euros everywhere and it's not good food. That festival is so big that they don't have to care about us fans anymore, because it's going to be sold out anyway. They get the big bands and the fans just follow. ATM waiting lines of 1 hour at least... so either you're drunk and don't care anyway or you better be an optimistic person towards stuff like that ;)