Your favourite albums 2009

oh and btw for those who mentionned Anaal Nathrakth's last album

I am not familiar with this band, so I got the last album and....

how can you endure the fucking vocals??? HORRENDOUS.

too bad, music sounds good.

edit : hmm, 3rd track is awesome though...gotta tell meself that at first I hated Sorceron vocals in Abigail Williams but it turned out to be one of my fave album from 2008 (thousand suns)
Definately a band thats worth digging

Anaal Nathrakh's vocalist screams so hard at times... I dont see how he isnt physically hurting himself. He puts a lot of emotion into it... and shows massive range in that album (black metal shrieks, brutal death metal inhales, clean vocals, and that forceful scream)

Personally... I like him. (and every AN album there is)

i like A LOT the work of Dave Hunt on vocals for Benediction, its so fucking brutal, but haven't heard to much of Anaal Nathrakh... i'll listen to them

Im sure this band will be a grower for me, I mean tune ''more of fire than blood'' fucking owns

I just need to get used to this insane screeching from Vitriol

btw : Im pretty glad no one said that 'The cock infection from Shitmaira' was one of the best album of 2009, else it was have been a case of violent facepalming

Hypocrisy- A Taste of Extreme Divinity
Destroyer 666- Defiance
Marduk- Wormwood
Belphegor- Walpurgis Rites: Hexenwahn
The Devils Blood-The Time Of No Time Evermore
Dark Funeral- Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus
Gorgoroth- Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt
Sanctification- black reign
Urgehal- Ikonoklast

My list for 2009:
Hypocrisy - ATOED (i'm on the hypocrisy forums... of course we're all gonna list this one! :lol:)
Megadeth - Endgame
Cannibal Corpse
Marty Friedman
Arch Enemy - the root of all evil
Paramore - brand new eyes ("*gasp* did he really just post something non-metal here??!!?!?!?!? *gasp*" :err:)
Scar Symmetry - dark matter dimensions
Steel Panther - feel the steel
Katatonia - night is the new day
Devin Townsend - Addicted (this is a bad-ass album! :kickass:)
Porcupine Tree - the incident
...... my mind went blank. I'm sure there are others that i'm missing... but these definitely are ones i've enjoyed.

i was listening to the new megadeth album and its good... not as good as de old ones but better than the last 2, 3, 4 whatever hahaha

+1
The new Megadeth album is definitely on my best-of 2009 list! Nothing they do will ever touch the RIP, Countdown, or Youthanasia eras, but this is probably the closest thing they've done to an actual Metal/thrash record in 15 years. LOL. It's a different time, dave is sober and christian now, and for him being the one that writes 99% of the music, of course it's going to have an impact. But He's done one hell of a job at trying to recapture that Megadeth sound we all love. (Of course, he would be a saint if him, jr., marty, and nick all set aside their differences, got wasted again, and wrote another RIP! :headbang:)

Hypocrisy- A Taste Of Extreme Divinity
Hackneyed- Burnt After Reaping
Kylesa-Static Tensions
Black Sun Aeon-Darkness Walks Beside Me
Baroness-Blue Record
A Storm Of Light-Forgive Us Our Trespasses
Demonical-Hellsworn
Blood Red Throne-Souls Of Damnation
Miseration- The Mirroring Shadow

I kinda have a wide taste in music...

Hypocrisy - A Taste Of Extreme Divinity
Immortal - All Shall Fall
Behemoth - Evangelion
Necrophobic - Death To All
Artillery - When Death Comes
Dark Funeral - Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus
Vader - Necropolis
Sacrifice - The Ones I Condemn
Nile - Those Whom The Gods Detest
Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos
Marduk - Wormwood
Deströyer 666 - Defiance
Rammstein - Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da

Ulcerate - Everything is fire
Detrimentum - Demo 2009
Infected Disarray - Disseminating Obscenity
Abysmal Torment - Omnicide
Insidious Decrepancy - Extirpating Omniscient Certitude
Sickening Horror - The Dead End Experiment

haha, was it a remark on my list or am I being paranoid? :lol:

hahahaha nothing horrible... i was thinking i was in the "what are you listening at?" thread and made a comment on your 2009 preferences o_Oo_O

hahahaha :kickass:

Im actually not overly impressed by most of the albums this year, most of them are just mediocre. Not great but not quite dissapointing either, in that way Hypocrisy is probably the only one that released a better album then I expected. :headbang:

The Dark Funeral one is good, better then their last but far behind "Diabolis Imperium" IMO... haven't listened to CC for along time and never checked BDM. Been lazy checking out new albums this year, should check more "underground" stuff out as the more "known" bands I listen to just made mediocre albums.

haven't listened to CC for along time and never checked BDM

well dude, you have homeworks!

new BDM = EPIC

and about CC, what is the last album you heard?