Your favourite band (or genres) excluding Hypocrisy

Nov 26, 2005
Italy
What are the bands, excluding Hypocrisy, you enjoy most? And what about your favourite genres?

I personally enjoy many Black and Death Metal bands, like - besides the classics - Frangar, Aborym, Spite Extreme Wing, Imposer, Sadist, Subhuman, Coram Lethe, Forgotten Tomb, Nemesis Inferi, Bloodthorn, Anorexia Nervosa, Limbonic Art, Forgotten Woods et cetera. I also like Thrash very much (just classics however; I'm not very expert about it). My favourite genres excluding Death, Black and Thrash Metal are Punk (every subgenre except Grindcore and Pop Punk), Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Dark Ambient, Darkwave and Grunge.

My favourite mainstream bands excluding Hypocrisy are Mayhem, Ulver, Black Sabbath and Metallica; out from Metal that's Nirvana.

Nice post.

There are a lot of bands:

In the more extreme side (death, black, grindcore, death/doom, etc.): Amorphis, Pestilence, Nocturnus, Atheist, Cynic, Tiamat, Darkthrone, Enslaved, Emperor, Mayhem (Deathcrush, De Mysteriis, Chimera and Ordo ad chao), Entombed, Unleashed, Carcass, Napalm Death, Brutal Truth, Terrorizer... You know, those are the more mainstream.

Thrash: Beside the obviously (Big 4, Testament, Exodus, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, etc.), I really enjoy Voivod (my favourite one in this genre), Evil Dead, Sepultura (old), Sadus, Vio-lence, Assassin, Sacrifice, Razor, etc.

60' - 70': Pink Floyd (favorite band), Blue Cheer, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Can, Hawkwind, Motorhead, Kiss, AC/DC, Andromeda and more stuff...

Also Alice in Chains and Rage Against the Machine...

Edit: ahhh CATHEDRAL !!! among my favorite bands ever!!!

and loooooot more bands, you know... hahaha :)

Eh next to my extreme hunger for Death Metal and Death Thrash there is 1 genre which predominantly feeds my music addiction; Sludge.

Weedeater is by far my favourite sludge band but some others i listen to:
Kamni
Bongzilla
Eyehategod
Dopethrone
Brainoil
Sourvein
Rwake
Demonic Death Judge
(16)
Acid Bath
Kylesa
And many many more :D

And next to my lust for sludge i'm one of those weirdos that listens to a lot of Doom and Stoner rock....

I have not changed the playlist on my walkman for a long time. So here's my full-time "audio diet" =)

[2001] Prostitue - Toi Au Diable [Compilation]
Anders Manga - Compilation
Craft - Total Soul Rape (2000), Fuck the Universe (2005)
Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky (1992), Hate Them 2003, +Compilation
Enthroned - Towards The Skullthrone Of Satan (1997)
HYPOCRISY - Abducted (1996), The Final Chapter (1997), Hypocrisy Destroys Wacken [Live, 1999], Ten Years Of Chaos And Confusion (2001), The Arrival (2004), Virus (2005), Catch 22 V 2.0.08, A Taste of Extreme Divinity (2009)
Immortal - Pure Holocaust (1993), Blizzard Beasts (1997)
Isengard - Høstmørke (Double CD)
Leviathan - Verrater CD1 - Schadenfreude, Verrater CD2 - Krankheit (2002)
Marduk - Heaven Shall Burn... When We Are Gathered (1996), Marduk - Panzer Division (1999), World Funeral (2001)
PAIN - Discography (1997-2011)
Prophecy - Jadis (1997), Gorsedd (demo 1995)
Weena Morloch - AMOK (2011)
Samsas Traum - Anleitung zum Totsein (2011)

as well as a folder "MUS", which contains a compilation of 1-2 songs from different artists: MORBID, Candlemass, Nightwish, Lake Of Tears, Tarja, The Crest, Silencer, Diagnose: Lebensgefahr, Depeche Mode, Primal Fear, Demonaz, Skyclad, WASP, Apraxia, Temnozor, etc =)

And in the car we (my husband and I) used to listen to Burzum, Mayhem, Abigor, Darkthrone, Graweland and... Death.
*Yes, I am a music lover ;)

Do you play in a band?
No, I don't.
When I was a student I was growling in a black death metal band called "Eclipsed". It is still alive and has some live shows in Vladivostok from time to time. We have made video of our rehersal, I still own one copy, it's really brutal! I was invited to join it again few days ago, but I am no longer interrested in such gener, black riffs and screaming like a castrate, so I refused.

Me too :)

And you've got good taste.

Thank you! I try to listen to a lot of different music, and constantly expand my horizons, but to be honest, most of all I love "old" bands and their music from the 90s era...

hetki
Do you drive to Hell in your car with such music?

Well, hope - no ))) only in the mountains ) but our mountain roads are very bad and sometimes just one step away from hell...

U know even our parents don't mind, if we turn on the music in the car. hahaha :D

And yet we never listen to music at the limit of the volume. I hate it when someone turns the music in the car so that the whole street had to listen to it. This is disgusting! :)

I imaging your parents headbanging while listening to Marduk or Immortal somewhere in the mountains...
How do they find your musical tastes?

I imaging your parents headbanging while listening to Marduk or Immortal somewhere in the mountains...
How do they find your musical tastes?

My parents love the old rock. They are not too fond of metal, but they do interesting in it. And they're proud of my work in rock/metal zine.
Dad orders and periodically gives me CDs & DVDs with my with my favorite bands. And he's a music lover and he has good audio stereo system, including amplifiers and vinyl turntable and ELAC acoustics.

Yes, it's good.
Mine never listened to such geners and never undestand my tastes. They always found it as foollish waste of time and money.

My mom doesn't really like Metal, but every now and then when I play her a song, she likes it. She does like Power Metal though, as she used to listen to Deep Purple and those guys...Not metal as we know it, but hey...

I really like Death Metal...probably my fav genre.
Bands (besides Hypo):
Amon Amarth
Unleashed
Behemoth
Abigail Williams
3 IOB
COB
Arch Enemy
Hypnosis
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Kataklysm
Kalmah
Burzum
Devil Driver
Dark Tranquility
In Flames
Bloodbath

Not in that order, besides Amon Amarth...

Since a few years my mum has been interested in the music I listen to.
In 2009 I even brought her to the Hellfest festival in France where she saw a few bands, went camping with us and got the chance to meet Peter. :headbang:

And I listen mostly to "softer" metal, but here are some of my favorite bands at the moment:
-Katatonia
-Bloodbath
-Immortal
-At The Gates
-Septic Flesh
-Gojira
-Opeth
-Heathen
-A Perfect Circle

And non-metal related:
-Queen
-The beatles
-The Cranbberries
-Dire Straits
-Jamiroquai

facebook_like_button_styled_hanger_1.jpg

;)

Dude, you've got a cool mom! Mine would probably run away, screaming louder than the bands if she went to a Fest :lol:
Queen rocks! Used to listen to The Cranberries, but don't anymore. Some of their stuff is still cool though. Have any of you guys tried Decapitated?

My mom doesn't really like Metal, but every now and then when I play her a song, she likes it. She does like Power Metal though, as she used to listen to Deep Purple and those guys...Not metal as we know it, but hey...

I really like Death Metal...probably my fav genre.
Bands (besides Hypo):
Amon Amarth
Unleashed
Behemoth
Abigail Williams
3 IOB
COB
Arch Enemy
Hypnosis
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Kataklysm
Kalmah
Burzum
Devil Driver
Dark Tranquility
In Flames
Bloodbath

Not in that order, besides Amon Amarth...

3 IOB = 3 INCHES OF BLOOD?
never heard them before, really )

I like very much other bands from your list)