Cool Suecof interview with lots of amp details...

Ok, got it to come up.

Sounds a little thin maybe? Hate to be a drag, but I liked your first one better.

Be careful with dual mics... it takes some work to get 'em right.

Ok, got it to come up.

Sounds a little thin maybe? Hate to be a drag, but I liked your first one better.

Be careful with dual mics... it takes some work to get 'em right.

It's all good mate.

I guess I've got to find a good blend between the two.

Usually I'll have the off axis mic turned up..and then slower lower in the on axis mic to I think it sounds right. It seems if I blend to much on axis it gets harsh.

Oh certainly. It's got that Sabbath/C.O.C. vibe for sure. Which is fine with me, as Blind is one of my all time favorite albums.

Here's a link to Razor for a little refresh. Man those costumes sure look goofy!
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/razor.htm

Anyone remember "Evil Invaders?"

"Evil Invaders", "Shotgun Justice" etc. all highly underrated or better unknown records nowadays. Canada spawned some of the finest thrash/speed bands in the eighties/early nineties... and Razor are on top alongside Annihilator, Exciter, Slaughter, Infernäl Mäjesty and Sacrifice. Pure awesomeness! :worship:

Edit: And Voivod of course!

I love cranking the Presence myself. BACKMASK "Dark Fiber" album settings (I do two tracks of each channel for rhythm):

Image-AF4A9B720A0C11DB.jpg

And no - that wasn't the final speaker choice or mic position. Just a test... but the knob settings are exactly what was used. And the blanket is IN FRONT of the head, not draping over the power tubes as some have mistakenly thought. :lol:

I played around with the 5150 Suecof recommendation and it's a great starting point so I thought I'd try the general line of thought with my Rev1

Here's a very short lame chug wank

Rev1 Wank

Setting:
Presence: 4:00
Sweep: 7:00 but very sensitive. small change makes big difference
Low: 10:00
Mid: 3:00
Hi: 4:30 to 5:00
Gain: 11:30

Mark, do you usually put a TS in front of the amps when you track guitars?

almost always use a TS. the only time i didnt feel i need them was when i was trying to track with an engl... i had a blackmore and lots of guys would bring various other engls. they never lasted long compared to my 5150, the rec or the uber though. its kind of like crushing a childs dreams everytime we compare one to our old standys...:heh:

I'm having a hard time getting my uber to sit right in the mix.. The mids on it are so strong and thick.

I love the sound of it in the room I'm just having a hard time getting it to come through.

Any advice?

I'm having a hard time getting my uber to sit right in the mix.. The mids on it are so strong and thick.

I love the sound of it in the room I'm just having a hard time getting it to come through.

Any advice?

Where is presence set? that amps presence control is voiced VERY strongly in the high mids. its not at the upper sizzle that most presence controls dial in. see if your midrange problems go away when you take it to 12 oclock and a little below and experiment either way from there.

and remember you dont have to crank the mid control just because...i just go for balance... wheter its on 1 or 12