KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT Featuring SONS OF APOLLO, DREAM THEATER, KING CRIMSON Members Set Spring Release For Third Album; Teaser Video Streaming

"...Liquid Tension Experiment have announced their return with a new label and new album. The legendary supergroup comprised of Mike Portnoy (Transatlantic, Sons Of Apollo), John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater), and Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel) have signed with InsideOutMusic for the release of their third album. The album is set for a Spring 2021 release, 22 years after the bands’ last studio album...."

ltemasked1220.jpeg

Reactions: Kez
LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT Feat. TONY LEVIN, JOHN PETRUCCI, MIKE PORTNOY And JORDAN RUDESS Reveal LTE3 Album Details

"...Today, the legendary supergroup comprised of Mike Portnoy (Transatlantic, Sons f Apollo), John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater), and Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel) officially announce that the new album, LTE3, will be released on March 26 via InsideOutMusic, twenty-two years after the bands’ last studio album....The pre-order will start on January 22 and the album will be available as:
  • Limited deluxe hot pink 3LP+2CD+Blu-ray Box Set (incl. a poster and 4 artcards, Blu-ray includes a 5.1 surround mix with visuals, and full band interview from the studio)
  • Limited 2CD+Blu-ray Artbook
  • Limited 2CD Digipak
  • Gatefold black 2LP+CD
  • Digital album (2CD)
lte3cd121.jpeg

Tracklisting:

"Hypersonic"
"Beating The Odds"
"Liquid Evolution"
"The Passage Of Time"
"Chris & Kevin’s Amazing Odyssey"
"Rhapsody In Blue"
"Shades Of Hope"
"Key To The Imagination"

Bonus Disc: Includes almost an hour of improvised jams.

I guess I've just drifted away from instrumental wankfests (I use the term lovingly), but I found myself mostly bored listening to this. There are some cool moments for sure, but there's nothing that makes me care at all. There's a lot of technicality, but not a lot of musicality.

Totally disagree..but everyone is entitled to their opinion..I find there’s a lot of melody in the music

Reactions: Kez