Piano Damnation

Hi =),
Im the guy who recorded Piano Damnation & A Tribute to Pain of Salvation, both piano-cover-albums (if anyone remembers).
However, the last track on Piano Damnation was called To Rid the Disease, and it was recorded with full band instrumentation. Lennart Böske recorded the guitars and bass, i made the rest. In the end, it wasnt the best recording:rolleyes:, mainly because we didnt use clicktracks and had no proper planning, but we decieded to do such a cover again.
So we made a list with songs to cover, there are 3 opeth song in this list!

This time the recording went on much better, sure there were many problems, like im not a drummer and cannot play drums that well, and that we did not/could not use multiple track recording for the drums (but 4 mics this time, instead of 1 vocal mic, like the last time). Lennart had problems with recording, too, and because of time pressure there are some failures on the recordings (hitting the wrong note and things like that)

We are working on the recording, but we decieded to publish To Rid the Disease, as preview.

http://kullemmy.de.vu
Here you can download the track To Rid the Disease.
If anyone owns or knows someone who owns a relieable server to host our songs (when they are completed) we would be happy if you contact us. The person will be named on the website!

The complete tracklist (in no particular order):
Opeth - To Rid The Disease
Opeth - In my Time of Need
Opeth - Ending Credits
Porcupine Tree - Lazarus
Porcupine Tree - Shesmovedon
Dream Theater - Hollow Years
Amorphis - My Kantele (Acoustic Reprise)
Pat Metheny Group - Last Train Home
Blackfield - Blackfield
Pain of Salvation - This Heart of Mine (I Pledge)
Pain of Salvation - Iter Impius
Transatlantic - We All Need Some Light
Riverside - Acronym Love

Constructive criticism would be nice!

PS: We didnt think of a good name for the album, so if someone has a good idea, tell us!

i'd love to see you do other opeth songs, even try and tackle the heavier ones. To rid the disease sounded good, always nice to see how guitar lines sound when played on piano

vampyr&#233 said:
The guitar playing/sounds is/are atrocious.
Otherwise it's ok, I guess.

Hi! Could you tell me what is atrocious as to the sound? Is it too sharp? (As for the playing we cant improve anything - were doing our best:cry: :cool: ), but as to the sound i could improve some parts!

I don't care if there are some minor slip ups, Piano Damnation is brilliant. I would really like to hear some more Opeth covers like that (songs from earlier albums would be nice:) ). I'm glad that you've included Riverside. Acronym Love is an interesting choice, I wonder if you would manage to cover some of their longer songs (‘Dance with the shadow’ maybe?) . Anyway, keep up the good work :kickass:

Nice work! Though it would have been nice to hear more of a melody in the verses.... got a little repetitive IMO. And that change between clean guitar and distortion was horrible.... Overall well done though. Looking foward to the rest, great tracklist.

TRTD preview sounds awesome. I love Piano Damnation as well. Looking forward to this.

Edit: I don't like the guitar too much on this :erk:
Edit 2: I DO like the tone of the distorted guitar when it is playing rhythm near the end of the song. It sounds really, really good. If you could tell me what you used for that...

FRUGiHOYi said:
Edit 2: I DO like the tone of the distorted guitar when it is playing rhythm near the end of the song. It sounds really, really good. If you could tell me what you used for that...

Hi, he used:
Guitar Rig 1.2 oceanway solo
programm guitar rig 1.2
preset oceanway solo

@SPLASTiK: We now have got a server, thanks.

Didn't realize it was so old.

9c756636709956dbcc85cbe07fd3d29d4g.jpg

sorry.