New Steven Slate 2.5 demo .mp3

May 23, 2008
This was just put up at the Slate forums and I thought I would post it here for your consideration. I thought this sounded excellent, especially the kick, much more punch than anything I've been able to attain in S2.0. Check it! ;)

CensuraDrummer said:
Now that the vast majority of SSD 2.5 is complete I finally got the chance to really delve into the new software from a user/drummer point of vew as opposed to just a developers standpoint. I recorded an entire drum part for a new tune that me and my brother's band/project Censura is demoing, using my crappy TD-3 V-Drum Kit and the current release of the SSD 2.5 beta. I'm extremely happy with how well it came out and with barely any effort expended having to mess around with settings or getting the sounds I needed. Let me know what you all think. I'll repost when we get the rest of the instruments in there as well. (The meter is weird on some of the parts :D)

http://www.censurasound.com/ssdmp3/drumsdemetal-ssd2.5beta.mp3

Some Details of the kit I used

- I made a custom kit for the song consisting of:
- Kick 10
- Snare 5
- Fat Toms
- Hi-Hat 2
- Ride 2
- Crash 16
- Crash 17
- Spash 8A
- Splash 8K
- ]Small China

Put the NRG Room on All of the Instruments. Only other processing was running the performance through a mastering plug real quickly and a little low shelving on the hats.

sounds killer. I like the bass drum the most. Snare was ok. Low toms were authentic. Hitoms sound like eh. Probably killer in a mix though.

It's a funny thing. When solo'd these don't really get me going, but I have this feeling that they'd kill in a full mix. The overheads feel a little thin and washy to me, and not very present or 'there'.

Sound very nice. I like the stick control on the cymbals and the ghost notes on the snare, is very hard to accomplish that just with drumagog.

ha.. I just posted this in another thread, didn't see this..

I really love Dan's custom kit, sounds really nice. Whats funny about that kick (kick10) is that its one of the first kick samples I ever released and I never really dug it all that much (it was intended to add punch and body to live kicks), but its become so popular, I hear it a lot.

This is the new snare5 with a nice heap of the NRG room. I really dig this snare for aggressive stuff. Remember this is one of 40 snares so if its not right up your alley, you'll find one that is. Same with Toms.. these happen to be some of my favorite toms (there are 8 sets) but some guys here will probably dig the "metal toms" even more since the floor tom is even deeper..

So this stuff is in beta testing right now and will be released (in its own virtual instrument) VERY SOON. Happy Holidays..