ProgPower USA XXIII update: SCAR SYMMETRY out, MONUMENTS in

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
In case you missed it... SCAR SYMMETRY has bowed out of ProgPower USA XXIII Day 2, with MONUMENTS announced as the replacement.

From Day 2 promoter Milton:

"It is with regret that I announce that Scar Symmetry has to postpone their ProgPower USA appearance due to personal reasons. Although the band will issue their own statement in a due course, I can confirm that this is a decision reached with the full support of the festival, and we look forward to Scar Symmetry's future return to ProgPower.
A replacement will be announced as soon as it's confirmed."

"It is my pleasure to welcome British modern progressive metal band MONUMENTS to the ProgPower family as they are confirmed to perform on Day 2 replacing Scar Symmetry. As a reminder, less than 200 tickets remain available for Day 2, on sale via TicketMaster.
- Milton."

More info on Monuments.

Music:

Monuments - in Stasis

Monuments - In Stasis

From ProgPower USA Facebook 8/8/24:

"Day 2 Update

About 24 hours ago, I was informed that Monuments is no longer going to be appearing at ProgPower USA. As of right now, I have zero additional info to clarify or give any further details.

A replacement will be announced tomorrow at noon ET.

-Milton"

• Sad
Reactions: NorseBlood
From ProgPower USA Facebook page:

"*Day 2 Roster Update*

I am proud to welcome Earthside to the ProgPower USA family, performing on Day 2. Their unique brand of cinematic progressive metal is one of the most creative and captivating offerings in the scene. They’ve been on the festival’s radar for many years, and I have no doubts our audience will be stunned.

Huge thanks to the band and their entire team for the quick confirmation.

-Milton

PS. Only a few dozen tix left for Day 2..."

MONUMENTS Goes On Indefinite Hiatus As JOHN BROWNE Deals With Health Issues

"... Monuments has sadly gone on indefinite hiatus due to guitarist and songwriter John Browne dealing with Ankylosing Spondylitis. Monuments has dropped off their upcoming tour with Leprous and Fight The Fight, and will not continue writing new music until Browne is doing better. We wish Browne all the best and hope to see Monuments back out there when they're able to do so..."

Dear friends, fans and supporters, It‘s with great sadness that we must announce that we will not be able to play the upcoming US tour together with Leprous and Fight The Fight. We are also halting the songwriting process for M5 for the time being.

As some of you are aware, Browne was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis a few years ago. To get his condition under control and in the right direction he’ll be spending a bit of time to make it more comfortable to live with. For now, we’ll be on indefinite hiatus until it’s under control. Please keep the Monuments flag flying high until we return.