"Rainy Day" metal

Tyr - especially the songs in Faroese - can't get depressed if I don't understand the lyrics - their songs just always sound like great Mead-hall drinking songs.

Sabaton - sure the songs are about death and dying, but they're about HONORABLE death and dying. Sabaton songs always remind me of the mornings in Quantico when my drill instructor would laugh at the rising sun and scream "some warlord in the Sudan just shot some other warlord. Looks like we're mobilizing - God loves the Corps!"

Voyager. C'mon - you know that somewhere, Danny Estrin is having the freaking time of his life - so why shouldn't you?

Well in that context I would certainly recommend some Running Wild, and perhaps some Freedom Call as well. Vanishing Point also does it for me, for something more 'down to earth', as it were.

for literal rainy day stuff, i.e. when you aren't looking to be 'picked up' per se, one to go with is 'Diving into Darkness' by Darkseed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tppnkvMSMeE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qvvKH5ECs

Thanks for the suggestion of Darkseed, I Like their sound. I'll have to pick some of their stuff up.

Spag: Yeah I was listening to thrash, and some black Metal (Emperor, Septic Flesh, CoF, Vader, Gorgoroth, Behemoth, etc) and at least I went from wanting to kill myself, to wanting to kill everyone else :lol:

I also listen to alot of J-metal bands and that brought me out of my funk too like Old (and New) school Loudness, GranRodeo, Galneryus, DELUHI, Deathgaze and Infected Malignity

Ja

Rei

Thanks for the suggestion of Darkseed, I Like their sound. I'll have to pick some of their stuff up.

sure! You can't really go wrong with 'Diving into Darkness', 'Give Me Light', or 'Ultimate Darkness'.

Spag: Yeah I was listening to thrash, and some black Metal (Emperor, Septic Flesh, CoF, Vader, Gorgoroth, Behemoth, etc) and at least I went from wanting to kill myself, to wanting to kill everyone else :lol:

See, that's the spirit. :Smokedev: