Sample for a client (First Post)

Solid Shadow Studios

New Metal Member
Jul 10, 2012
Greetings,

Glad to be apart of the forum. Here's a sample I did for a client of mine. I mixed and "mastered (ITB)" the track. I squashed it as much as I could before it just got pumpy and wierd.

Please let me know your thoughts before I send it off! This is for a client so give me your most honest criticisms and opinions.

Edit: Updated my track. This is my final master.

Last edited by a moderator:
how did you get your toms to sound like that! i really like everything except the low end or maybe the mid range on the bass guitar. it sticks out alot on my BX5A's so they must be really loud on good monitors. it just seems like they arent sitting well. idk my 2 cents

how did you get your toms to sound like that! i really like everything except the low end or maybe the mid range on the bass guitar. it sticks out alot on my BX5A's so they must be really loud on good monitors. it just seems like they arent sitting well. idk my 2 cents

I really think it was the samples I used. I heard the mid range bass thing that you were talking about and that was an error on my part. I fixed it like how I wanted it so hear it again and there should be a better balance to it.

How do I embed sound cloud on the forums?

Theres a button at the end of the toolbar at the top of the message box when you post. It should be right next to the php image.

Guitars are slightly on the quiet end for me, and they've got that amp sim quality that I don't particularly like but if the band like it it's what matters :)

Edit: I also sense an absence of distortion on the bass? It just sounds like a big old clean DI to me

Toms were from Metal Foundry, with EQ and Compression, then I wanted something extra to them. CLA Drums/Toms brought that out for me.

Regarding Guitars sounding Amp-Simmy, the client said the saaame exact thing. This track was a DI recorded with the PODX3 then reamped with my Little Labs. In the future I will be recording all my DI's with the Little Labs. It sounds much better.

Thank you guys alot for your opinions... Much work to do from here.

Feel free to comment and ask any questions again but I'm off to my next project!