0/T: Rush - Where should I start?

If Justin would stop having sex with his girlfriend for just 1 hour, he might get online again... He'd answer your question. He loves Rush. And his girlfriend.

Rush played in Prague last night. Because of my health problems I couldn´t go even though I had a fucking ticket. My Dad was there.

be
ThraxDude said:
If Justin would stop having sex with his girlfriend for just 1 hour, he might get online again... He'd answer your question. He loves Rush. And his girlfriend.
HOLY RAT SHIT BATMAN!

Justin's getting laid?!?!
Rock on then.:headbang:

ThraxDude said:
Hah.

My favorite Rush album is Hemispheres. It came out in 1978. It has 4 songs and is 36 minutes long. The opening title track is 18 minutes of ass-kicking. It took me some time to get into the album, but then at one point I was listening to the whole thing once a day.

You can't go wrong with any Rush from 1976 to 1981. 2112 (76), A Farwell to Kings (77), Hemispheres (78), Permanent Waves (80) and Moving Pictures (81). Moving Pictures marked a transition in the band, with more emphasis on keyboards to follow. Up until then the keyboards were just a minor addition to songs. As they went on in the 80s they relied heavily on keyboards. This wasn't always bad. "Red Sector A" and "Between the Wheels" from 1984's Grace Under Pressure are both kickass. Counterparts (94 I think) marked a return to the straight-ahead hard rock, minus the epic songs. Vapor Trails (2001) is also pretty heavy.

I'll post more later.

I also wanted to say Different Stages (1998) is an excellent live album. The first two discs cover mostly songs played on their Test For Echo tour in 1997. At least one song is from the Counterparts tour in 1994. The real gem is the third disc, which is a recording from the A Farewell to Kings tour in 1978 in London. You'll get something from every album up until it was released except for Grace Under Pressure (1984), Power Windows (1985 or 86) and Hold Your Fire (1988 I think). There are perfect soundboard bootlegs of shows from the Test For Echo tour too. They're great.

Other good live albums are All the World's a Stage from 1976, I believe and Exit Stage Left (1981). ESL was more like a recording live in the studio, but it still kicks ass. The Rush in Rio DVD that came out last year is also awesome, though some people have complaints about the sound. (see reviews on amazon.com)

Moshkinstein, email me.

Rush was my first gig with Garry Moore on the G\P Tour. That show :headbang:

I like 2112, Permenate Waves, and Moving Pictures. I especially like Neil Peart drumming on Working Man live.
And from what I remember ESL was Kick Ass like what jdelpi said.

Yes, there were 3-d glasses. Count Floyd introduced them on a big TV screen too I remember. I think I still have those glasses somewhere in a box in my parents basement.

jdelpi said:
Did you get to wear 3D glasses???

ThraxDude said:

Justin has a g/f? :OMG:
And he is having intercourse :OMG:
Those are two things I didn't think would happen.
Our little Anthrax historian is growing up. :cool:
Justin is a cool kid. A good egg, a little hard boiled, but a good egg.

ThraxDude said:
If Justin would get online again... He'd answer your question. He loves Rush.QUOTE]

.......and Justin loves Rush because I practically forced Rush down his throat. You all have me to thank for his insightful words in this thread.
Speaking of.... check out this thread (I'm "Honeydew") : http://www.rushmessageboard.com/forums/cp/index.php?showtopic=21536 for some details on the best ever 3 camera audience shot Rush video, it will be released for free trade very soon! :headbang: